“Very good but limited menu”
Review of Mani Osteria

Mani Osteria
Reserve with OpenTable
Mani Osteria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 609 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: ANN ARBOR
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Mani Osteria was a breath of fresh air in a city in general would know a good pizza if they fell over it. Mani's is a small plate restaurant that in my mind features pizza. The the dough is very good, the toppings fresh with interesting combinations baked in wood fired ovens. T

he appetizers are good.My favorite is the ceci beans and lentils closely followed by the arrancini..

I also like their Taglietelli. The other pastas that i've had are good as well. The portions however are relatively small. My wife has enjoyed both their fish and chicken dishes.

They have a reasonable wine list both variety and price.

Service is good and fast given it's a University envrionment

1  Thank pen1

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We continue to have great times eating here. We have enjoyed sitting at the bar and chatting with the bartenders. Challenge them to make a great drink or go with a classic and perhaps the best mojito in town. The pizza and a salad make a great pair for dinner for two.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Last night a large group of us went to dinner to celebrate a birthday. We were placed at at table half the size needed by the group and ran up a $900 bill. As we were finishing a staff person came over and suggested that we leave because the next group was here for this table. I guess the sign should read "get in and get out"
That is the last time we will eat there!

6  Thank Michael R
Reviewed November 29, 2012

This is currently the best restaurant in Ann Arbor. I'm almost don't want to write this review, because it's hard enough to get in as it is. We need more Manis in A2.

Casual, rustic Italian. Delicious, original wood-fired, thin-crust pizzas with blistered edges and original toppings, such as mini meatballs, tiny spicy chilis and fresh mint. Another with pistachios and grilled onions. Salads are served family style for sharing and are delicious; among favorites is one with thinly shaved prosciutto, dried fig, and mild goat cheese. Another is lemon vinaigrette, mushrooms, arugula and parmesan, I think. You get the idea of the flavors. Delicious calamari, very lightly coasted and fried and served in a small bowl on top of a little puddle of delicious, spicy tomato sauce. Excellent pastas. Want to try the whole roasted sea bass at some point.

Good wine list. Urban, metro atmosphere and decor. I was down on Mani for a few months, as there was a big problem with too much salt in the food on two dining occasions (a big criticism coming from me--I love my salt). Had a very salty pizza and a very salty gazpacho. I actually stayed away from Mani for a little while. But last time I visited, the salt problem wasn't there. Hopefully it won't return!

They don't take reservations for smaller parties, so if you go on a weekend you will wait...possibly quite a long time. Also, don't be fooled by the casualness of pizzas served on top of empty tomato cans...the bill can inch up quite quickly here! Also, this is not old-school, Italian-American with huge plates of pasta covered in thick red sauce and grated parmesan cheese, or chicken parmigiana, etc. If you go here looking for that, you'll be disappointed.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

There are many good restaurants in Ann Arbor but only one or two that I would consider consistently great. Mani has been fantastic every time I've visited. Yes, the seating is a bit cramped and the wait can be excessive on a Friday or Saturday but its worth it. The pistachio and red onion pizza is fantastic as is the arugula salad, carpaccio and grilled octopus.