“Pathetic”

Nick's Original House of Pancakes
Ranked #87 of 621 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 21, 2014

What can I say about a place that serves up 2nd-rate coffee, 3rd-rate service (the girls HATE having their conversations interrupted, though--like, when you request service), and 4th-rate everything that's infused with sugar, Sugar, SUGAR, or grease, Grease, GREASE. And to top all that off? They charge a lot of money for the misery. I should know; I gave them three attempts at offering quality. Pathetic, . . . period.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

The food and service are very good. There is a wide selection of great tasting omelets. Their pancakes are also very good.

4  Thank John C
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for breakfast and glad we did. They had a wide variety of items on the menu. One of which was corned beef hash which I chose to order. My daughter ordered the breakfast burrito. Both dishes were delicious. Our waitress Candice was great. We will definitely stop back in if we are ever back in the area.

5  Thank Bigdaddy71100
Reviewed December 28, 2013

This is a great place for some creative breakfasts in Ann Arbor. The location is relatively convenient among the shopping complex on Lohr though it was slightly off the beaten path. The exterior appearance was nice enough though the parking lot was a bit small. The interior was suitably accommodating. We were seated right away and the service was polite and efficient throughout our meal. We had a party of four and between us we had the Fetadouille Scramble (Feta cheese, Andouille sausage and vegetables), the Gobbler Omelet (Turkey, cheese, spinach and other veggies), French Toast with Eggs and a Tuna Melt. The scramble was very creative and was reportedly quite good. The Gobbler Omelet was very good as I had the egg white version. With the addition of hot sauce (which they conveniently keep at the table), it was excellent. Some very tasty hash browns accompanied the egg dishes. The French Toast was good and the Tuna Melt was also pretty good. The prices were on par with what you would expect from a place like this and, considering the huge portions, it was not a bad value. If you are in the Lohr area and fancy a large breakfast or lunch for a price that does not go overboard, this is a very good choice. Keep in mind the hours are only 7 AM - 3 PM, however.

4  Thank Debbie K
Reviewed December 9, 2013

A week ago decided to try Nick's because we have heard mixed reviews. My wife ordered French toast stuffed with blackberries and topped with frozen strawberries while I ordered a Mexican omelet with mixed results. The French toast stuffing was good but the frozen strawberries could have been eliminated and the omelet needed salsa or other spices to give it some life. The portions were large ($8.99 worth) that could be smaller but with more life. The service was very good.
With the other options in Ann Arbor, will not go back. Yesterday went to the What Crepe again (at least once a month) and enjoyed it again. If they lowered the noise in the two Zola restaurants I would go there more often or to Sava's where I enjoy the varied menu and fine food.

2  Thank Edward N