“Enjoyable experience”

Marnee Thai - Ann Arbor
Reserve with OpenTable
Marnee Thai - Ann Arbor is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #425 of 591 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The Thai word “Marnee” literally means “gemstones,” which are dazzling, colorful, and highly precious. Thai rubies and sapphires are very well known all over the world. Similarly, we at Marnee Thai carefully select high quality herbs and ingredients to make sure all of our Thai dishes retain their original authenticity.Our first Thai restaurant in the U.S., Lotus Thai (opened in 2002, on Oak Valley Drive, Ann Arbor), has been well received by customers who seek authentic Thai food. This enthusiastic reception encourages us to open our second restaurant in the U.S., right in downtown Ann Arbor, Marnee Thai.
“Enjoyable experience”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We had a great meal here. Nice atmosphere, attentive and helpful service, It's a few blocks south of downtown, so it probably gets less foot traffic; lucky for us it was known by our Ann Arbor friends. I enjoyed the Thai beer, also.

• Visited September 2012

Ann Arbor, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, not so great gervice”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I've had dinner at Marnee Thai on several occasions, and overall the food is good. When I'm in the mood for Thai, I tend to have my favorite appetizer (Pad Tai), and desert (Mango and Sticky Rice), and I've got to say, Marnee Thai does a pretty good job. The atmosphere is pleasant, nothing to rave about, but it's fine, however, last time I was there, I was very disappointed with the service because one of the waitresses turned the music up when we had politely asked her to turn it down.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Rosa_lechartier
Singapore, Singapore
“A bit disappointed ...”
Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

the food. Dishes were too sweet. Though the ambience is good..had better Thai food . Service was good

Fort Myers, Florida
“Worst Thai food ever.”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Terrible Thai food. It bears no resemblance to the genuine article. Stuffed chicken wings are a standard menu item at most Thai restaurants. Here they are just like at any pub: deep-fried without a trace of seasoning. Pad Thai will vary, but at the Marnee it was actually inedible: not a hint of any of the aromatic spices that should flavour it, not even any leaf of coriander. Way too much fish sauce on it. (This is a powerful seasoning and has to be used with care.) The noodles in Pad Thai should be rice-based, but the Marnee just uses an Italian style wheat-based pasta. Most diners were (like me) picking at their food and then asking for boxes to take it home. My guess is that these doggie bags were aptly named. Friendly service, but for what?

• Visited April 2012
Milan, Michigan
“My new Thai favorite in Ann Arbor”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

I went with a friend for dinner at Marnee Thai a couple weeks ago and I was very impressed with the warm, modern atmosphere, the very attentive and professional service, and of course, their excellent Thai cuisine. We shared an appetizer platter, then I had a yellow curry with chicken. All were excellent with a good portion size (enough to take home) and great flavors. My "medium" spicy was just a bit light for my fire-eating tastebuds, but it had a decent "zip" to it and I'd rather a lighter hand on the peppers than heavy. At the end, I ordered medium spicy Drunken Noodles with chicken "to go" for a later weekend meal. Best I've had in a long time. Of the many Thai restaurants in Ann Arbor, this is now my favorite and I highly recommend it.

• Visited December 2011