Casa del Sol B&B
Sheraton.com
$159
$140
GardenInn.com
Hampton Inn Ann Arbor-South(Ann Arbor)(Great Value!)
$137
HolidayInn.com
$159
$129
$94
All reviewsquiet neighborhoodhome away from homerooms are comfortablewalking distancemartaguests
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 26, 2014

My husband and I stayed here over graduation weekend. It was an excellent choice! I only wish I would have discovered it when our son was a freshman! We would have stayed there each visit to Ann Arbor. It felt homey and relaxed. The beds were comfy and Marta made sure we had everything we needed. There was always fresh fruit and healthy options for breakfast. We even came back after graduation with our son for a champagne toast and brunch avoiding the crowds at the restaurants. Marta was more than accommodating. We have travelled all over the world and appreciated the quiet and friendly atmosphere at the casa. My husband is usually hesitant to stay in bed and breakfasts. He says he can sometimes feel uncomfortable being in someones home but even he enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere crated by Marta. I highly recommend!! I feel like I've made a new friend. Muchas Gracias Marta!! Oh, and i should add to respond to a previous guests remark, there was no cat in sight, not that I would have minded.

Room Tip: we stayed upstairs and shared the bathroom with a single student from Denmark. It was more than adequate and never felt inconvenienced. It was quiet and the bed was super comfy with nice,thick cotton sheets and lovely pillows.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank marielynne
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My wife and I, along with another couple, stayed at the Casa del Sol in Ann Arbor for the Winter Classic this year. The rooms we had upstairs were comfortable, clean and spacious. Marta, the owner, was away visiting family but Mary took great care of us in Marta's absence. Mary's breakfasts were great. She was also very helpful with directions, restaurants suggestions and even provided us a ride to and from the game! I highly recommend Casa del Sol.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ian F
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Casa del Sol was perfect for my accommodation needs.

It is situated just west of downtown Ann Arbor. It is very close to the campus of The University of Michigan and accessible to most businesses and attractions of town. It is also in an area that is just far enough removed from campus that you aren’t always in the mix of the U. Ideal for an individual or a couple, guests of Casa del Sol will enter a quiet and relaxing environment that is also bright and pretty. You will find good balance between enjoying complete privacy in a comfortable room and an occasional cheerful conversation amongst others.

The owner is personable lady who is a professional and member of the Ann Arbor community. She’s a busy woman, but always finds time to assist guests’ with their needs or to give a word here and there about great places to see or go. She is the craftswoman of the visually vibrant Casa that is sprinkled with art, fresh produce, literature, and occasional music. Whether you are in A2 for business, for research or study, or pleasure it is a delightful place to fulfill your accommodation needs.

Highly recommend for a stay if guests are coming for a wedding, parents coming to visit, a short getaway, or in town for business.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I've stayed at Casa Del Sol during my business trips to Ann Arbor. I find the place much more comfortable and inviting that the standard business hotels. The innkeeper is a wonderful, intelligent lady who makes great conversation.

The whole home is spotless clean and comfortable. And best of all, it's very affordable.

I'll stay there every time I have to be in Ann Arbor.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My boyfriend and I spent a weekend here and had a wonderful time!! It was our first time to the city and Marta was a wonderful host with great suggestions of places to visit in the area. The place was colorful and the breakfast was delicious and healthy. I highly recommend this as a great place to stay on a budget!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple