“Friendly staff and great food”

Jolly Pumpkin in Ann Arbor
Ranked #12 of 619 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 3, 2013

The staff and the food was unbelievable. The beers were also top notch. Prices were mid range and overall the experience was great and I would definitely recommend to friends.

I had the truffle fries, hamburger and blt

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Just a shopping day before the holiday and here we were in Ann Arbor eating at a unlikely spot called The Jolly Pumpkin. It had some pretty good fare. I had the Black and Tan specialty drink which was ginger ale with ginger beer..very good. For my entrée I had a luncheon special sandwich which was Breast of chicken with brie and apricot jam. I wish that they would have put more of the brie on my sandwich along with a tad more of the jam cause the sandwich was good but until you had the chicken breast with the brie and jam it was just a sandwich. Meal came with a selection of fries or salad of mixed greens. Others in my party had burger type sandwiches and one ordered a specialty beer which was made of rose hips. He wasn't thrilled with that selection but he drank it.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

This is a really unique place. The combinations seem a slight bid odd so you have to be daring. I went with a group and I played it safe and went with just a pizza but the group I was with loved some of those unique plates. I did have a glass of wine that was made there and it was very good.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Great pizza, burgers and beer selection.Very interesting menu with great variety and fun herbal beverages.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Visited the Jolly Pumpkin while in for a visit.

The beer is excellent (but I expected that having had their beers in bottles). If you like craft beers they are excellent. They specialize in sour beers, if you don't know beers it is a very good style.

The food is american style with some twists. We got an appetizer of fried acorn squash. It was very delicious and not overly battered.

My wife and I both got a vegetable and quinoa salad. It was very delicious and not too heavy. My brother got one of their pizzas and was impressed (he's hard to impress when it comes to pizza). His girlfriend got the hamburger and loved it but couldn't finish it because it was so big.

They are plenty of options for vegetarians, meat eaters, salad eaters or those with gourmet palates.

Worth stopping in for at least a beer and a snack. Stay for dinner if you're looking for a quality sit down meal.