“Interesting beers and unique foods”

Jolly Pumpkin in Ann Arbor
Ranked #8 of 595 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Milan, Michigan
“Interesting beers and unique foods”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I enjoyed a family lunch at Jolly Pumpkin recently and was very pleased with the beer and the food. Their beers are a bit different from what you'll taste at other area microbreweries. They are finished in oak casks and this imparts a different flavor. They are also known for their sour beers which are significantly different in taste. They are all worth a try. I most recently had the Weizen Bam, a summer release wheat ale, and it was great. Light, but full of flavor...great for lunch! I paired it with the Chicken and Brie sandwich with a side salad: grilled chicken on rustic bread with brie and apricot jam. Yum!

My family members tried the Grilled Romaine Salad with Warm Potato Croutons, the Asian Layered Salad, and the Braised Lamb Sandwich (harissa-spiced). Everyone raved about their selections.

Prices were acceptable for a nice downtown Ann Arbor lunch with beer and the service was perfect. Definitely recommend trying out JP for beer, snacks, lunch, or dinner. Especially if you want to try some unique beers and food that often has surprising little twists. It's nice to try out something just a bit different once in a while!

Muskego, Wisconsin
“yummy, and gluten free too”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The food and service were good. Large portions. Good value.
Gluten free was easy and delicious. All salads could be gluten free. Many options. My family loved the beer and pizzas too. We will return.

Visited July 2013
Lansing, Michigan
“Excellent experience with a one-of-a-kind menu and beer selection!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

My group of friends and I decided to visit this brewery/restaurant for lunch on the July 4th holiday. This was my first time in the downtown Ann Arbor area and we chose this place because of their unique/original beers. We were pleasantly surprised to find their menu choices were just as unique/original as their beers. Our group ordered 2 different flights so we could taste as many beers as possible. My group consisted of 2 people who home brew beer and they were both impressed with the selection and flavors. I ordered a glass of their popular Bam Biere and the Chicken and Brie sandwich (with fries). Both the drink and meal were amazing!!! I consider myself to be a picky eater and I even had trouble deciding between items on the menu. My group also ordered pizzas and the mushroom sandwich - all were delicious and there were no leftovers.
This place is a bit more expensive than the average brew pub but worth it in my opinion. Our greeter and server were both friendly, polite and attentive. Overall excellent experience and I can't wait to go back!

• Visited July 2013
Portland, Texas
“Interesting”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The best thing about Michigan is all the breweries. The Jolly Pumpkin has probably twenty brews on tap that you can try. We stopped in for lunch and had a flight of local beer. It was around $10 for 5 small Jolly Pumpkin beers. We appreciated that our server had knowledge of the beers available and enjoyed the beers we tried.

The lunch was good. The rosemary fries were excellent. I had a burger and my husband had a BLT. Everything on the menu has a little twist to it and they have quirky, eclectic fare. (If I had been braver, I would've tried the lamb burger).

This is definitely a nice place to try; just wish they had more outdoor seating for the nice days as we were stuck in an indoor corner booth.

Brooklyn, New York
“Amazing rooftop bar & dinning!!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

The roof deck is only opened for a very limited time during the year but is surely open now for summer. This roof deck brought me back to Brooklyn. It was quaint, modern seating, fun, shaded by the wall from the building next door, perfect!!!! The pizza I ordered was incredible too. I had the one that has goat cheese on it...can not wait to go back for more! I've been here many times and the food never disappoints. I'm also a huge fan of the steak salad with fingerling potatoes. And how can I forget the beers?! They're awesome as well because they brew the beer themselves! 2nd location/brewery in Old Mission Peninsula in northern Michigan 4 hours from Ann Arbor!