“Great food”

Grange Kitchen and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Grange Kitchen and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 613 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Street
Transit: The main bus terminal is located 2 blocks from our restaurant. Cab service also available
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I've been here a couple of times. The service is slow but the food is great. Yes it's a little bit pricey. Happy hour is a great time to try their stuff. The cocktails are fun and yummy. The poutine is amazing.

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Great small plate appetizers.
The Scotch egg was really special.
Chorizo too was something to behold.
Lovely cocktails.
A very special wine on the list called Wyncroft... A small boutique winery that really knows what they're doing. The chef here has all the right ingredients in place.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

We have been to the grange twice and in both circumstances I was expecting to be disappointed because of Ann Arbor's overall food quality. In both cases, Grange was good. The food was interesting, locally sourced and the atmosphere was nice. I would certainly go back.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I love this restaurant. I think it's really unique. Their food sounds kind of normal at first, but it's made with so much care and delicious ingredients that it makes ordinary meals extraordinary. I have been there several times and the only time that I was a little disappointed was my first trip during Ann Arbor's restaurant week, which is pretty disappointing everywhere. Their brunch is delicious. Their bar food is wonderful - try the scotch egg. My favorite part is when they have special dinners. My fiance and I went to their Beer/Harvest dinner and I was floored with how good and plentiful everything was. They kept coming back and refilling my glass with beer. They brought out seconds on the appetizers. The advertised 5 courses turned out to actually be 6, plus they seat you "family style" and we met a lot of really fun people around us. I highly recommend attending one of their dinners like that... it's the best value and atmosphere.

Also, last time we went was with a groupon, and we hadn't read the fine print (my bad) and it wasn't valid that night, but they honored it anyway, which speaks to their customer service.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Thank goodness this visit was a Groupon deal. The wait was about an hour which I anticipate as many were using their coupons. I ordered Lemon Buttermilk Pancakes which sound great BUT...they arrived to the table extra thick and uncooked in the middle. I sent them back and orders something else as the flavor was a big disappointment. 2nd round, goat cheese omelette with Yukon potatoes ans sage sausag and toast. No jam/jelly...the potatoes were undercooked and the omelette was ok. The best thing about this visit was the fact that I got a chance to catch up on my reading as I waited and the cocktail. Would not go back...even for free!