“Nice meal.”

Grange Kitchen and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Grange Kitchen and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 591 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Street
Transit: The main bus terminal is located 2 blocks from our restaurant. Cab service also available
York, United Kingdom
“Nice meal.”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We have been to the grange twice and in both circumstances I was expecting to be disappointed because of Ann Arbor's overall food quality. In both cases, Grange was good. The food was interesting, locally sourced and the atmosphere was nice. I would certainly go back.

• Visited December 2012

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“I love Grange!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I love this restaurant. I think it's really unique. Their food sounds kind of normal at first, but it's made with so much care and delicious ingredients that it makes ordinary meals extraordinary. I have been there several times and the only time that I was a little disappointed was my first trip during Ann Arbor's restaurant week, which is pretty disappointing everywhere. Their brunch is delicious. Their bar food is wonderful - try the scotch egg. My favorite part is when they have special dinners. My fiance and I went to their Beer/Harvest dinner and I was floored with how good and plentiful everything was. They kept coming back and refilling my glass with beer. They brought out seconds on the appetizers. The advertised 5 courses turned out to actually be 6, plus they seat you "family style" and we met a lot of really fun people around us. I highly recommend attending one of their dinners like that... it's the best value and atmosphere.

Also, last time we went was with a groupon, and we hadn't read the fine print (my bad) and it wasn't valid that night, but they honored it anyway, which speaks to their customer service.

• Visited December 2012
Detroit, Michigan
“Long drive, long wait and disappointed”
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Thank goodness this visit was a Groupon deal. The wait was about an hour which I anticipate as many were using their coupons. I ordered Lemon Buttermilk Pancakes which sound great BUT...they arrived to the table extra thick and uncooked in the middle. I sent them back and orders something else as the flavor was a big disappointment. 2nd round, goat cheese omelette with Yukon potatoes ans sage sausag and toast. No jam/jelly...the potatoes were undercooked and the omelette was ok. The best thing about this visit was the fact that I got a chance to catch up on my reading as I waited and the cocktail. Would not go back...even for free!

Ann Arbor MI
“locavore”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Much of the food is locally sourced. Since this is Michigan, there's more variety in the summer than in the winter, where the menu is heavy on cured meats and root vegetables. The food was spectacular when the restaurant opened. It's slipped a little since then, but most of the food is still very good, and some of it is excellent.

Visited September 2012
Ann Arbor MI
“Great way to spend a Sunday morning!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Having brunch at the Grange. For our 23rd anniversary. Sipping a Bourbon with Bubbles (and house-made peach bitters) while waiting for our Poutine with duck confit and Roast Pork Hash. Relaxing with our drinks and then WOW! the food comes. Two days later and my taste buds are still smiling. Quiet, but personable service by Kyle only added to Chef Brandon John's great food and the total experience.

• Visited September 2012