“Falafel like back home!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #257 of 588 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: Lebanese, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Israeli
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
“Falafel like back home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Great value for the portion, delicious falafel .. I will go back again , it will be my destination for lunch breaks.

• Visited August 2013

• Hebrew first
Taylor, Michigan
“Best Falafel I have ever had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

My cousin Zac brought me here right after they opened because he knew the owner, and he knows I love falafel's. Now I cannot go to A2's Washtenaw area without stopping here! BEST FALAFEL I HAVE EVER HAD!! Not only is the sandwich huge but so good. They put a lot of veggies in the sandwich, I can ever finish it. I have never had such crispy falafel ball in my life so full of favor perfectly toasted pita with tons of veggies and the sauce they use is to die for. The staff is really friendly, and the place is always super clean. I live in Dearborn and still haven't had a falafel so good in my life!! I will contuine to go there everytime I am on that side of Ann Arbor. They know how to do it right at Haifa Falafel!! Keep up the good work, and I'll keep coming back!

• Visited June 2013
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
“Our go-to place for Middle Eastern Sandwiches”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

I eat at Haifa on average once a week. The Detroit area is known for Middle Eastern cuisine, but Haifa Falafel makes it easy and tasty by just calling up, ordering your Shwarma sandwich, and picking it up 10 minutes later! The price has gone up slightly from when they first opened, but it's still a very good deal (especially the MEGA which weighs over 2 lbs! Feeds my wife and I for a few days). Their fattoush salad and falafel are also very good.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Freedom Township, Michigan
“Wonderful falafel and best fattoush ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Food is fresh and attractive. Unusual falafel -- small golden balls of delicious. Fattoush had very nice, fresh romaine with lovely toasted pita on top and generous sprinkling of sumac. Vinegar may be a little assertive for some, but I loved it.

Decor is diner style -- comfortable enough. Service is quick and very friendly (walk up to place your order, they'll call your name when ready). Appears to be a family business, and a very attractive family it is too. Photos of the Haifa harbor, many including nice pics of the Bahia temple, on the walls.

I've been to a *lot* of Arab restaurants, starting with The Camel in Dearborn in the 70s, through the Christian Lebanese refugee era in the 80s and down to now. Haifa Falafel, located just east of US23, between Ann Arbor and Ypsi, has *hands down* the best falafel, fatoosh and mjdarah I have had in a restaurant.

Lots of carryout and lunch business when I was there.

• Visited April 2013
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Biggest mega sandwiches anywhere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

Their felafel is truly special. Small and crunchy on the outside, melt in your mouth creamy inside. Best I've ever had outside Israel. A large appetizer order is for a meal for me.

But if you're looking for a sandwich! Check out the megadelux felafal. The felafel, French fries, fixings' (and there plenty of them) and saice are all wrapped in a pita then cut in half to serve. Otherwise they're way too big to pick up. Even for my 6'4" spouse!