“Good food, great value”

Cuisines: Israeli
Chicago, Illinois
“Good food, great value”
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Had a quick dinner on a Friday night with my wife. It's not much to look at but it's great for take out or a quick meal. Very few seats inside so you may want to take your order to go.

The falafel was unlike any I have had anywhere, including Israel. Crispy and moist and a lot lighter than the standard falafel at most middle eastern restaurants.

We also had multiple sides items that were also very good and a chicken shwarma sandwich which was very good. The best thing about the total experience is the cost. Very, very reasonable and should be a hit with the local student population.

• Visited September 2011

Taylor, Michigan
“Best Falafel Ever!!!”
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Great place, great food. I have had many Falafels...but this is the best I ever had! Great job...keep up the good work. I will travel for this food!

• Visited September 2011
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Amazing middle eastern foods!”
Reviewed September 10, 2011

Every time we eat here, we wonder why it's been so long since the last time. Wonderful authentic foods, decent prices, not much room to dine in, but it's a great place for take out!

Ann Arbor
“Excellent food, friendly service, and pleasant casual atmosphere”
Reviewed July 24, 2011

For my first visit, the reason I went to Haifa Falafel was because my husband and I were surprised to read that we had never even heard of the "#1 Trip Advisor ranked restaurant" in Ann Arbor - based upon five reviews. (Once I hit the "submit" button on this review, I will be the ninth reviewer.)

We went back again because the food is so wonderful. With Ann Arbor having so many outstanding restaurants, I'm not sure that Haifa Falafel really deserves its rating of "#1" in the whole town, but I will say that the food is very well-prepared, tasty, and fresh.

As I was waiting for my falafel wrap, I could watch the cook. He used very fresh ingredients that were uniformly bright and crisp, and he made generous use of them in my wrap. And, as I was the first customer in Haifa Falafel, I also watched the cook reassemble newly-cleaned-overnight equipment. From what I could observe, the facility is clean.

My falafel wrap and a fountain drink cost me about $4.50. It was so large, my husband, daughter, and I were satisfied for lunch. It includes fresh veggies and pickles, which are a wonderful countertaste to the falafel and hummous. The pita was fresh.and chewy.

On a previous visit, we've eaten the mujadara (a mixture of rice, lentils, and onions), baba ganoush (mashed eggplant, tahini, and garlic), lentil soup, hummus, chicken shwarma & grilled veggies, fattoush (salad w/pita bread pieces), tabbouli (cracked wheat, parsley, tomatos), and lamb kafta (kabobs). Everything was delicious. It was perfectly prepared and a pleasure to eat. I'm looking forward to going back a third time, as I want us to try their rice pudding and malabi (milk pudding).

The restaurant is located in a four-business strip. The dining room is clean and plenty of tables - though they fill up very fast! I noticed quite a number of thank you notes on the wall, so I read them. Apparently, the owners are excellent community citizens - the thank you notes were from a number of worthy charitable origanizations. Evidently, the owners donate meals. Great job, Haifa Falafel!

• Visited July 2011
“One of the best falafels I've ever had”
Reviewed July 7, 2011

I frequent this place once every couple of weeks. The platters are okay, but the sandwhichs are excellent