“Great food! Service needs to improve= key for success”

Palm Palace Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Palm Palace Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 600 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: Palm Palace restaurant has been synonymous with fine Mediterranean dining. The dramatic dining rooms are the perfect backdrop for the menu that showcases authentic Mediterranean cuisine ranging from the simple to the sublime, each offering an opportunity to experience classics and delicacies in new and exciting ways. Every plate becomes a culinary journey that ignites the senses. Palm Palace also features succulent Moroccan dishes, such the Classic Chicken or Lamb Tajen. Enjoy Lebanese-inspired healthy fresh squeezed juices, come in today and treat yourself to the authentic Mediterranean cuisine of Palm Palace. We guarantee that you will taste the difference.
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I always had a great dinning experience, food always great no remarks. I took my family last Friday there, to celebrate my birthday. For some unknown reasons it took forever for the hostess to find a table for 5 and half(in our way walking to the table I looked around the restaurant only had 1 table in that section we got set) By the time the server came to the table we all already knew what we going to order, bad attitude, no smile no presentation her name was Karen ( if you have her like server just request to have another server trust me) worst service in years, never felt unwanted and not welcomed in any restaurant. She took our order and disappears for minutes, no bread no appetizers just waiting. Finally she decides to appear with appetizers and salads bread and drinks all in one time???? I prefer to have drinks first and appetizers and not wait for 15 min nothing on the table. Every time we would ask for something she would constantly forget. Maybe was a bad day or something but I would prefer to go somewhere else to dine that to have a grouchy server and wait more than 45 min to have my food in the table. Beside the negligence of the server, the food was great very tasty a lot of flavor. Another thing I didn't like was that noone asked us for dessert, and when we asked the server she was kind of bothered to show us the tray of dessert.( they have great fresh made desserts) and the final part that make me share my experience with you, in the check was included 18%( that by 'law' as the server said after i asked her: we are required to pay? Which law? for 5 people you include gratuity ? I just got shocked from the way the server demand us to pay the tip for a terrible service, which by the way we had to pack the food our self and ask the manager to give us some plastic bags. :/ my mother paid her $ 30 more to show that we didn't care about money, but more to have a great night and celebrate for my bday , where thanks of the staff we were terribly offended by the service and the way the server treat us. I can write for hours about the experience, maybe was a bad day to go there as I stated, you may give it a shot just be prepared.

There are newer reviews for Palm Palace Restaurant

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had dinner at this restaurant. I was impressed with a variety of food on the menu that is more than just kabobs and shwarma. There were several Moroccan dishes, a nice selection of soups, and wonderful bread, hummus and baba ghajoush. For dessert we had rice pudding. The service was crisp, the wait staff helpful and the food well prepared. The decor was interesting and the shop attached to the restaurant had nice items for sale including Ahmad tea.

Middle Eastern food is not hot but spicy in a fragrant way. I will definitely return here.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Had heard great things and all were true. The Lemon Tawook was recommended - chicken grilled with vegatables, lemon and thyme. It was so moist and amazing. Huge servings - took most of it home for a second meal. Service was great. Quiet at 5pm but parking and restaraunt was full by 7pm. Cost ranged about 16$.

Dinner seamed very healthy. Would pass on the salad - might be my taste is more towards the traditional. They also offered soup which might have worked better. Wish I'd have had room for desert.

Look forward to coming back in the next few months.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Do not go here if you want a nice relaxing or a romantic dinner! We got a table after nearly a 30 min wait that was supposed to be a 15 min wait. We sat down and noticed the seat was covered is liquid!!! (I hope it was water.) After complaining a guy with a rag came by to hastily wipe the wet seat, and then the table with the same rag.
Food was decent, but over priced. we did not receive any discount or free dessert for having been seated in a puddle and getting our clothes wet because of this.
If you want this style of food, there are plenty of better choices around Ann Arbor (better service, cleaner, faster and better bang for the buck).

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stopped at Palm Palace for a late lunch for my first visit there. The greeter was friendly as was the waitress. After placing my order, delicious pita bread was delivered to the table with amazing garlic spread.
I ordered a luncheon combo which consisted of chicken shwarma pita, mini fatoush salad, and grilled veggies in place of rice. Everything was delicious, seasoned well, and fresh.
I received a lot of food for the $8.99 price tag.
Definitely, I would return. I don't think it is the absolute best middle eastern food I've ever had, but it was extremely good and tasty. A nice experience.