“Average food with good beer”
Review of Blue Tractor

Blue Tractor
Ranked #32 of 619 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 11, 2013

The beer here is good and varied. The food is spotty. BBG is good, but not great. Atmosphere is ok - it is centrally located downtown.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

My family had lunch here during one of our many visits to A2 and we all loved the place. Our waitress was very attentive and friendly. Each of us ordered something different (all sandwiches) and every person was very satisfied. They're known for their BBQ, offering multiple presentations, and ours were all very good. The atmosphere is laid back, pub style and they have their own brewery downstairs. I was not able to try their brews, however next time I'm in Ann Arbor that's on my list.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

I like the atmosphere and location of Blue Tractor, and it is pretty good for the area. The bbq is decent, the beer is decent - but not great. An interesting, eclectic menu means that there should be something for everyone. I was surprised that in the four different meals that we had at our table, there was no sign of anything green: no veggie, no salad. You need to order ala carte if you want to be a little healthy. It's worth a lunch or an after work flyby.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

We stopped at the Blue Tractor for a beer last Saturday. We sat at the bar. The service was friendly, the beer selection was solid, and the HH price was fantastic. The bar was very cool. There is a part of the bar that is ice where you can set your beer to keep it cold. The bar tender provided samples of a couple of beers, so we could try them before we purchased.

The only reason I am saying 4 stars is because we did not try the food. My comments are on the service at the bar only.

It doesn't take much, but we had just come from Ashley's where the beer selection is great, but our server was the worst I have ever experienced. I would definitely do the Blue Tractor for HH.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Ok, second try here and the 3 beers we had were pretty horrid. I would recommend that the owner do the difficult thing and fire the brew master. Lousy beers are being put on tap.
While he's at it, he could hire someone to cook authentic bbq....possibly getting someone who knows their bbq from the south. The restaurant is very cool and could go someplace if the owner was willing to make some hard decisions.

1  Thank ajam4