“Very nice restaurant in Ann Arbor”
Review of Melange

Melange
Reserve with OpenTable
Melange is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 595 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Liberty & William
Description: The Melange experience is our interpretation of the fusion of thought, cuisine and culture that surrounds and embraces us all. Let us take you on a tour of the emerging global spirit with a flair for the eccentric and eclectic as we strive to provide a Uniquely Melange Experience for all. Bon Appetit!
Detroit, Michigan
“Very nice restaurant in Ann Arbor”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Pre-theatre dinner at Melange last night. Had an outstanding Australian sea bass---an amazing taste sensation (spicy), great texture, beautifully presented. A bit pricey, but worth it. The decor is a bit odd....sort of 1980s stark....metal/mirrors/a bit of an Asian twist. But the food is great. And the service was very attentive. I happened to be dining alone, so I had planned to catch up on e-mail, texts, FB, etc. but unfortunately their WiFi was down....since the restaurant is one flight down, I was unable to get any kind of connection--not, of course, a reason to not enjoy this restaurant.

• Visited January 2014

Ann Arbor
“Private party”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Celebrated our anniversary in the private dining room. Food was very good. Service was great. Very attentive.

Visited December 2013
Manchester, MI
“Truly outstanding.”
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Had a wonderful dinner at Melange.
A great experience, fantastic food great service and environment.
There are lots of very good restaurants in Ann Arbor but you shouldn't overlook this one. Had the Lamb chops and my wife had the scallops both were fabulous. Really like the way they do desert, sort of Tapas style, you select 3 smaller items from a wide range. The menu is changed often and of course they also have nightly specials.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“A great place for dates --- and parents.”
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Overall, an experience worth repeating.

The amuse bouche was uninspired. What is the wirld's fascination with goat cheese, anyway. Would have been far more flavorful with a sheep's milk feta.

Like everyone else, I adored the duck nachos. You can actually taste the duck, and all the ingredients went well together.

Pretzel bread with mustard butter. The spread turned out tastier than I would have thought (not being particularly fond of mustard, generally,) and while I didn't use it for the bread, it was wonderful with the green beans. Pretzel bread (house-made) has a crust of pure salt --yuck. But that is definitely a personal prejudice. The interior, however, was luscious.

Halibut for hubby. Yummy. Well-prepared.

Duck for me. Perfectly cooked. Sauce complemented without overpowering, nor was it overly sweet. Rice melange with it was only so-so. Green beans were on the crunchy side for me, but then these were not haricort verts. They were great dipped in the mustard spread.

Service was among the best I've had in Ann Arbor. Our waitstaff was knowledgeable about the good an helped us pick a perfect wine to compliment both our dishes.

As celebration meals go, Melange will stay high on our list.

• Visited August 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great Place To Take A Date”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I think Melange has great decor and atmosphere to it. It also has a fun menu and great service. They make a mean cocktail and have a good wine list. I have never personally enjoyed their happy hour menu but I heard it's awesome. If there was one thing I would recommend it would be their cake balls dessert. It is awesome and great for sharing! Parking can be tricky on Main Street sometimes. I recommend the parking garage right around the corner that is reasonably priced.

• Visited October 2012