“Good choice in Ann Arbor”
Review of Melange

Melange
Reserve with OpenTable
Melange is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 595 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Liberty & William
Description: The Melange experience is our interpretation of the fusion of thought, cuisine and culture that surrounds and embraces us all. Let us take you on a tour of the emerging global spirit with a flair for the eccentric and eclectic as we strive to provide a Uniquely Melange Experience for all. Bon Appetit!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good choice in Ann Arbor”
Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

Don't be offput by the fact that this restaurant is in the basement. The decor and the ambiance are such that you don't really notice once you are seated (the stairs are steep, but there is an elevator). The food was very good even if a little pretentious. There are vegan entrees on the menu, which is unusual for Ann Arbor. Nice selection of wines by the glass, and the bartender makes a very good martini. Service was acceptable, but not overly enthusiastic. I would go back to this restaurant.

Grand Rapids, MI
“Service excels at this restaurant featuring Asian fusion”
Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

Outstanding, personalized service. Our waiter Mike let us sample wines available by the glass, and was sensitive to our needs. Portion sizes are large, including salads. Flavors are great, sides are inventive, though some are heavy. Vegan available, but also plenty for carnivores. The fact that they take reservations makes it a winner. Parking difficult on weekends.

Joe Rahm
“Creative menu ,fine execution”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Stumbled onto this restaurant in downtown.Sat at the bar, had the Thai rolls appetizer, great taste.
Also had the Tuna crusted with parmesan for main course, excellent! Very reasonably priced.

• Visited October 2012
Plymouth, Michigan
“Nice atmosphere”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Melange has a nice atmosphere. It is trendy and sophisticated, and equally suited for intimate dates or larger dinners. They have a sushi menu, and while we didn't have any, it seemed many people around us had sushi as an appetizer. We had "Scoozi" as an appetizer, a deep fried bread that was supposed to have a blue cheese element to it, but we didn't taste the blue cheese. The bread was OK; it needed salt, and it was kind of greasy. We would skip it next time. For our entrees, I had sea scallops and my husband had the filet mignon. My scallops weren't as a "jumbo" as I was expecting, but there was a big serving of fingerling potatoes. The dish wasn't bad, but it was sort of bland and I wouldn't bother to order it again. My husband loved the filet mignon. It had a little bit of sauce, and an onion potato pie. He ordered it medium and it was definitely served medium - very pleased. I also had the pear martini...it was OK. A tad too sweet for me. Overall my only complaint is that considering we had reservations, and that the many of the tables around us were empty, we had a horrible table right outside the kitchen. It was a high-traffic area with wait staff constantly walking behind my husband and the people next to us. These should be the last tables the restaurant sits any one at; especially when we all could have easily sat at the empty tables around the corner!

• Visited August 2012
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Pompous”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I went there twice. The first time it was fine, food was good (not great), expensive for what you get, but good enough to make me come back. The second visit was awful. First our waiter (Derek), after we didn't order any wine, didn't pay attention to our table at all, he even didn't bother to bring us the bread basket as he did for the other customers.
Also, this restaurant looks like classy. I think it pretend to be, since they don't respect the etiquette. But this was last of my issues with them.
Anyway, we got an appetizer, the beef was chewy, I suppose it was a bad cut. Sushi was good, and scallops too (I would have liked less potatoes and more scallops or spinach).
We also used a groupon: after Derek the waiter found out, he laughed laud "oh no another groupon", walking from one side of the restaurant to the cashier. At the end we couldn't lower the tip because it was already billed.

• Visited August 2012