“Everything you need”
Review of Bell Tower Hotel

Bell Tower Hotel
Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Bell Tower provided perfect accommodations for our campus visit. Location and service are tops. The hotel itself will probably never be chic but our room was nice, very clean and, again, there was a wonderful focus on service throughout. Valet, bell hop, reception desk, housekeeping and adjacent restaurant all provided delightful midwestern hospitality.

Room Tip: We were in a 2-room suite which was spacious enough for two kids in the sleeper sofa. Second floor c...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
belltowerhotel, General Manager at Bell Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay during your campus visit. I hope you were able to see everything at the University of Michigan. It is a great school and we are happy to be located across the street from campus.

Thank you for your kind words about the hotel and our staff.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

The hotel itself isn't that great, but the service is extraordinary. My family and I came for a college visit to U of M for my daughter and the location was perfect for everywhere we had to walk. One of the bellhops (I believe is name was Zack), mentioned he was a student there and was extremely helpful to the multitude of questions I had.Once I told him we didn't have an official tour. he pulled out a map from behind the desk and highlighted all of the places we would want to see. Then, the front desk girl McKenzie was just as kind helping us get checked in. I've never had such great service at a hotel.
The actual rooms are a bit small, but other than that they are very nice. The bathroom mirrors had built in TV's to watch while you were in the shower, and my husband found that very exciting (LOL).

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

I am thankful for your review of the new bathrooms. It sounds like your husband enjoyed the televisions in the bathroom mirror and I hope you enjoyed the upgraded marble counter tops as well as the elegant tile shower.

Thank you and I hope you choose to stay at the Bell Tower Hotel during your next visit.

Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

Really a nice friendly hotel - my cousin had his shaving cream
confiscated at airport security, and the Bell Tower replaced it right in the lobby. Comfortable beds, great pillows. Free Wi/fi, breakfast included. Charming, clean. Free valet parking.

Stayed: March 2014
belltowerhotel, General Manager at Bell Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Thank you for the nice review. I am glad to hear we were able to replenish any amenities you needed. We look forward to seeing you during your next visit to Ann Arbor.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

My friend and I went to Ann Arbor Michigan overnight to celebrate her birthday. I booked the Bell a Tower Hotel because I had stayed there previously with my husband. My friend and I loved it. The main feature was the eagerness of the staff to make sure everything was exactly what we wanted. The room was beautifully decorated creating an ambience which was pleasant and relaxing. Above all the place was very clean and inviting. The beds were amazing and the place was very quiet. All this contributed to a very restful stay. A bonus was our meal at Mercy's Restaurant which is in the hotel but run by different owners. The food was amazing. In the morning we were treated to a breakfast prepared in the restaurant by the Hotel staff. It was way beyond the usual complimentary breakfast in most hotels. The price was well worth the value we received at this Hotel.

Room Tip: Ours looked out on the passageway between the buildings but that didn't matter. I think
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
belltowerhotel, General Manager at Bell Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and meals. I honestly think The Bell Tower offers the highest level of guest service in Ann Arbor.

I look forward to your return when in Ann Arbor next.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

I am sure Bell Tower is wonderful...and the location can not be beat, which is why I chose to stay there in the first place! (Anyone who has visited Ann Arbor knows parking is a challenge and hotels in the downtown area are limited.) However, just a couple weeks before my trip I received notice that Bell Tower was renovating rooms so I would now be staying at a sister hotel, the Ann Arbor Regent...which is about 4 miles away from downtown! So while the Ann Arbor Regent is a decent hotel, the location is not. The hotel did have a shuttle which I was able to use one, but since I had several appointments in the downtown area per day, the shuttle did not work well for me. I had planned to be able to walk to the different locations I needed to visit, dinner, etc. Instead I wound up using parking garages and had to pay for parking. By the time I was notified of the hotel change, the other downtown hotels & Bed & Breakfast were already booked. Just wish I had been told earlier of the change so I would have had other options.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
belltowerhotel, General Manager at Bell Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

I am very sorry you were moved to the Ann Arbor Regent. We tried to contact you as soon as we knew we were not going to have the room available.

I understand The Regent offered complimentary shuttle service but sounds like you were not able to utilize that.

Again, I am very sorry that you were inconvenienced by the move. I would like the opportunity to prove that we are a great hotel during your next visit to Ann Arbor. Please feel free to contact me directly and I will personally make sure you have the best room that is available in the hotel.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

The Bell Tower is the perfect "Base" to experience Ann Arbor. It is an easy walk to everything and a great spot to be able to retreat to when you are ready for a rest. The service is wonderful and friendly.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
belltowerhotel, General Manager at Bell Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

It is awesome that you found it easy to relax at the hotel. We strive for that type of atmosphere and decor. I am glad you enjoyed the location and the fact that you were able to walk anywhere in Ann Arbor or on campus.

Thanks again!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Ann Arbor is overflowing with great restaurants, but hotels not so much. BELL TOWER IS THE BEST option with an unbeatable location. It is a tad pricier than a Holiday Inn but the difference in service, amenities & location are worth it. The front desk staff was extremely knowledgeable on sightseeing & dining in both Ann Arbor and Detroit; helped with dinner reservations when we couldn't get them ourselves. The restaurant in the hotel is also a really good 4-star dinner (there's so much good food in Ann Arbor!), and I found the complimentary breakfast top notch -- fresh, delicious, abundant selection. Free valet parking. But the best part is that the University and downtown all right there, outside the hotel's front entrance. Our daughter is now a senior at UM and we've stayed here on the few occasions we were able to visit. (We don't go to Ann Arbor for a spa & swim holiday -- neither exist at this hotel.) 5-stars all the way!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are more spacious; but I prefer any room w/ a view of the Bell Tower.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Rebecca596

Thank you for such a good review. I am happiest to read that you based this on multiple experiences. I like the fact that we consistently offer top notch guest service and amenities.

Thank you again and please introduce yourself to me during your next visit. I would love to thank you in person.