“Bent over backwards for me” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bell Tower Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Bell Tower Hotel
Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Bent over backwards for me”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

The rooms are lovely and the staff was superb.
The rooms are clean and well kept. I had a room on the first floor right next to the parking lot. It was not a problem at all. The blinds and drapes, though usually a small part of a room, were stellar here and I could sleep through the night with nary a peep or flash of light from outside. I'm so glad they had these!
As a nursing mother, they made me feel both incredibly comfortable and welcome. I needed help storing my breastmilk in their freezer from the moment I arrived to the time I left. The front desk never hesitated to make sure I had access to what I needed at any time of the day or night. When I notified them of my departure time, they even brought up my cooler and had it ready without having to ask them for it. The place is lovely, but the people here make it fantastic.

Room Tip: All rooms on the first floor have a parking lot right outside the window. They've taken this int...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
belltowerhotel, General Manager at Bell Tower Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Bell Tower. I truly believe we offer the best service in Ann Arbor due to testimonies like yours.

Thank you again and we look forward to your future visits with us.

DeWayne Grann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

I recently stayed at the Bell Tower and found every aspect of the stay to above and beyond what i expected. So many items that other hotels charge you for were free at The Bell Tower including: valet parking, hot breakfast, internet, newspaper, fruit, bottled water even a chocolate each night at your bedside. The staff was young, friendly, very caring and dare I mention attractive! The location for one who is visiting U Michigan can not be beat. Service of this standard at this price does not exist in New York City! I will go back again and again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you appreciate our amenity package. Our location is one of our best assets but our guest service and complimentary amenity package is a close second. We are the only hotel in Ann Arbor that offers not only a complimentary New York Times every day of the week, including Sundays.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

The Bell Tower Hotel is convenient to campus and only a short walk from every restaurant or pub you could want in AA. The hotel staff are courteous and efficient. The room is comfortable. Breakfast is disappointing but typical for American hotels: cholesterol-laden animal products, lots of cereal and bread products, nothing healthy. Avoid getting a room right beside the noisy parking lot. Internet is free and good but can be really slow at times.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your recent stay. I am glad you enjoyed the proximity to the pubs and restaurants. I am sorry that our breakfast did not provide as many healthy items as you would like to see and the internet was slow at times.

Since your review, we have added fresh strawberries and blueberries. Now our breakfast offers fresh whole fruit, orange segments, grapefruit segments, fresh cut strawberries and blueberries. We also upgraded our wireless internet. This will allow higher speeds during peek times.

Again, thank you for your review. I assure you that you will be happy to see the changes since your last stay. Please feel free to contact me to discuss your next stay with us.

Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

Back in May, I reviewed the Bell Tower and gave it an Excellent rating, calling it "Perfect."

It's not exactly perfect anymore. While reception was fantastic, as always, the breakfast left much to be desired. The eggs were cold, the sausage was cold, the bagels were old. I gave up and went elsewhere for breakfast.

Breakfast is usually the last taste one has of a hotel -- literally and figuratively. This time, I left the Bell Tower with a bad taste in my mouth.

That being said, the staff continues to be the most welcoming, professional, and helpful staff of any hotel I have visited.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
16 Thank SBlakeman
belltowerhotel, General Manager at Bell Tower Hotel, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a response but I have to question this review. Our bagels are old? We pick up fresh bagels every morning from Brueggers. Our hot food is in an electric chafing dish so I am not sure how it could be cold?
Also, you raved our service yet gave us a three in the service area? I am sorry that I strongly disagree with your review but don't think this was a fair or accurate review.

Traverse City, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

Very nice. Perfect service! A++ We will be going back. The Bell Tower is full of charm, comfort and class. We very much enjoyed our stay and hope to visit again soon. The Bell Tower is in town and close to the hospital. We could walk to our appointment. It was also very nice to walk to dinner. The hotel is close to many fine restaurants. Thanks you Bell Tower!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sue R
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. It is nice to be centrally located not only to local restaurants but the medical center is a very nice 10 walk through campus.

I look forward to your return visit to The Bell Tower.

Rancho Santa Fe, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Was there this weekend August 23-25 to move daughter into apartment for new fall semester at the University of MICHIGAN. This is the place to stay. Located just off of S. State street you can walk everywhere. They have parking so your car is there when you need it Nice simple breakfast of coffee and donuts, also some fruit and yogurt. All in all this is a older hotel, our room was small. But Location Location Location..... the best. We would stay again and hope to, its hard to even get a room.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank westcoaster92067
belltowerhotel, General Manager at Bell Tower Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Sorry for the delay in thanking you for reviewing your August stay. We look forward to your repeat visits while visiting your U of M students.

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

This hotel has a typical old style western style. Although room interior looks a little old but it has been well maintained. Staff are very friendly and always helpful.

A little personalized touch like a small choco and water and WOW .... whether forecast on your table are blown my expectation away. This hotel really knows how to treat customers. Well done Bell Tower hotel...

The location of the hotel is very close to all amenities and not to mention to main campus of the University of Michigan.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Vincent H
belltowerhotel, General Manager at Bell Tower Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and the fact that we are located right on campus. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Bell Tower