“In AA”
Review of Bell Tower Hotel

Bell Tower Hotel
Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Reviewed October 2, 2013

The Bell Tower Hotel is convenient to campus and only a short walk from every restaurant or pub you could want in AA. The hotel staff are courteous and efficient. The room is comfortable. Breakfast is disappointing but typical for American hotels: cholesterol-laden animal products, lots of cereal and bread products, nothing healthy. Avoid getting a room right beside the noisy parking lot. Internet is free and good but can be really slow at times.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
belltowerhotel, General Manager at Bell Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thank you for sharing your recent stay. I am glad you enjoyed the proximity to the pubs and restaurants. I am sorry that our breakfast did not provide as many healthy items as you would like to see and the internet was slow at times.

Since your review, we have added fresh strawberries and blueberries. Now our breakfast offers fresh whole fruit, orange segments, grapefruit segments, fresh cut strawberries and blueberries. We also upgraded our wireless internet. This will allow higher speeds during peek times.

Again, thank you for your review. I assure you that you will be happy to see the changes since your last stay. Please feel free to contact me to discuss your next stay with us.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Back in May, I reviewed the Bell Tower and gave it an Excellent rating, calling it "Perfect."

It's not exactly perfect anymore. While reception was fantastic, as always, the breakfast left much to be desired. The eggs were cold, the sausage was cold, the bagels were old. I gave up and went elsewhere for breakfast.

Breakfast is usually the last taste one has of a hotel -- literally and figuratively. This time, I left the Bell Tower with a bad taste in my mouth.

That being said, the staff continues to be the most welcoming, professional, and helpful staff of any hotel I have visited.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
16  Thank SBlakeman
belltowerhotel, General Manager at Bell Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a response but I have to question this review. Our bagels are old? We pick up fresh bagels every morning from Brueggers. Our hot food is in an electric chafing dish so I am not sure how it could be cold?
Also, you raved our service yet gave us a three in the service area? I am sorry that I strongly disagree with your review but don't think this was a fair or accurate review.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Very nice. Perfect service! A++ We will be going back. The Bell Tower is full of charm, comfort and class. We very much enjoyed our stay and hope to visit again soon. The Bell Tower is in town and close to the hospital. We could walk to our appointment. It was also very nice to walk to dinner. The hotel is close to many fine restaurants. Thanks you Bell Tower!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sue R

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. It is nice to be centrally located not only to local restaurants but the medical center is a very nice 10 walk through campus.

I look forward to your return visit to The Bell Tower.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Was there this weekend August 23-25 to move daughter into apartment for new fall semester at the University of MICHIGAN. This is the place to stay. Located just off of S. State street you can walk everywhere. They have parking so your car is there when you need it Nice simple breakfast of coffee and donuts, also some fruit and yogurt. All in all this is a older hotel, our room was small. But Location Location Location..... the best. We would stay again and hope to, its hard to even get a room.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank westcoaster92067
belltowerhotel, General Manager at Bell Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Sorry for the delay in thanking you for reviewing your August stay. We look forward to your repeat visits while visiting your U of M students.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

This hotel has a typical old style western style. Although room interior looks a little old but it has been well maintained. Staff are very friendly and always helpful.

A little personalized touch like a small choco and water and WOW .... whether forecast on your table are blown my expectation away. This hotel really knows how to treat customers. Well done Bell Tower hotel...

The location of the hotel is very close to all amenities and not to mention to main campus of the University of Michigan.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Vincent H
belltowerhotel, General Manager at Bell Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and the fact that we are located right on campus. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Bell Tower

Reviewed July 29, 2013

If you are visiting the University of Michigan and would like to be close to campus, this is a great place to be. You can not beat the location.

There are however few amenities in is older hotel. The rooms are small for US standards. If this were a French hotel, I would not complain. But, for a hotel in Ann Arbor....the rooms are small.

If you make reservations, ask for a room on the top floors and opposite the alley adjacent to the jerk chicken Jamaican restaurant. Garbage trucks, back up horns, workers coming and going and who knows what else is going on...but noisy and a disruption to even the most sound of sleepers.

There away, additionally, an issue with insects in my room, black gnats to be exact. Could be because I was in a lower floor on the alley.

The staff was helpful and courteous. Continental breakfast each morning.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank drewster63

I am sorry you found our room to be a little small for your comfort. The guest rooms on that side of the building are less expensive due to their size. They have brand new bathrooms and we are planning on replacing the windows with sound proof windows by the end of the year.

I hope you give us a try us again and please ask for a king bedroom. Those rooms are larger than the queen rooms.

Thank you for your review and I hope to see you in the future.

Regards,

Bell Tower Hotel

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Was attending a conference at the University of Michigan School of Dentistry and decided to stay at the Bell Tower Hotel rather than the hotel selected by the conference host. This hotel was closer to the venue, was less expensive, and had a complementary breakfast. The location was perfect and made getting around the area easy. Walking was a breeze. The staff were all very pleasant and accommodating. My room was on the small size but contained everything you could want. I was especially happy with the bathroom. Even though it was small in size, it was done with polished marble and granite, a beautiful shower, newer toilet and housed everything you could want. Even the newspaper in the morning was a treat. On the downside, the breakfast's hot items were somewhat cool and if you did not get there right at 7 some items were depleted by 8. I would stay again if duty calls!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
belltowerhotel, General Manager at Bell Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

I would like to first apologize about the cooler items with breakfast. Our front office manager reviewed it and retrained the breakfast attendants on centering the burners. We will make sure this does not happen in the future.

I am glad everything else, including the newspaper delivered to your door every day (even Sunday), was a nice touch.

Regards,