“Great atmosphere”
Review of Bell Tower Hotel

Bell Tower Hotel
Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Loved the location as well as service! Was a little disappointed that there was not a swimming pool/hot tub. The breakfast bar could have been improved also. The service was extremely kind. The late check-out was much appreciated also!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Merissa A
belltowerhotel, General Manager at Bell Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

I am happy to hear you thought the service was great but am sorry that were disappointed with our breakfast. I believe a complimentary continental breakfast that features cereals, fresh fruit, bagels, waffles, English muffins, muffins, fresh local donuts, yogurt, scrambled eggs, bacon/sausage, potatoes teas and coffees.

I hope you give us another chance to show you we offer the best amenities and service in Ann Arbor. Unfortunately, you are correct and we don't have a pool or hot tub. Our sister property, The Ann Arbor Regent has a very elegant pool and hot tub along with a private rose garden.

Thank you for your review.

There are newer reviews for Bell Tower Hotel

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed here on a Saturday night, and found it to be lovely and quiet. You can tell the building is old and "historic," but it is nicely decorated. The staff was excellent. A previous reviewer had complained about the continental breakfast, but I thought it was FANTASTIC. The best continental breakfast I've had.... eggs, sausage, cereal, yogurt, coffee/tea, juices, pastries including *real* donuts, even fresh cut/peeled oranges and grapefruit!

Other reviewers had complained about the elevator, and yes, there is only one, and it is old, but since we were only on the 2nd floor we always took the stairs which wasn't a problem. (and you better believe we, like everyone else, need our exercise!)

My only complaint isn't really a fault of the hotel, just given the location there was a bit of outside "city noise" in the middle of the night which woke me up, and I *really* regretted not bringing my "white noise" maker. There didn't seem to be an option to keep the fan/a/c permanently "on," (the thermostat said it was on, but it turned off when the a/c went off,) so I guess that would be nice if that had actually worked.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mara W
belltowerhotel, General Manager at Bell Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Thank you for your review and the nice compliments about the continental breakfast. I believe it is close enough to a full breakfast that some guests forget that we describe it as a complimentary continental breakfast.

As for the noise, we are looking into replacing the windows on that side of the hotel with sound proof windows. I feel if you can block out airplanes flying over hotels that are close to the airport, we should be able to eliminate noise from the trash trucks.

Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to your repeat visits to the Bell Tower.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Incredibly courteous and helpful staff that exceeded every expectation. The rooms were immaculate and quiet. We enjoyed a great continental breakfast. The location is perfect for walking around town and central campus. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013
belltowerhotel, General Manager at Bell Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your return visit to Ann Arbor and the Bell Tower.

Best,

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed here as part of a bridal party for a wedding this past weekend. I thought that the hotel service was excellent (attentive front desk and valet). My friend, the bride, was treated very well. We had the bridal suite from Thu-Sat for hanging out and getting ready. The downside is that the hotel is pricey so it would not be my choice for an every day type of stay, but perhaps more for a special occassion. The location is great though, right in the heart of Umich's campus.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
belltowerhotel, General Manager at Bell Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

It was great to have such a nice wedding party and I have to say it was a very unique way to send the party off to the wedding! I understand we are priced a little higher than some hotels in Ann Arbor but I hope you found our guest service and location to compensate for it!

Thank you again for your business and I hope to see you again during your next visit to Ann Arbor.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Bell Tower Hotel is located in the centre of the town. Excellent service! Free wifi is provided and is accessible in the lobby, in the room or even in the corridor. Its complementary breakfast is delicious with cereal, bacon, scramble eggs, sausages, yogurt, fruits, donut, etc. Room TV got ESPN, TNT so live NBA games are broadcasted to make sure you are entertained every night!

Valet parking is also provided, suitable for travelers who rent cars.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
belltowerhotel, General Manager at Bell Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you for your review and your recent business! I am glad you appreciate the television selection since we recently upgraded to all HD television stations. We also recently added the hot items to our breakfast selections so I am glad to hear you like that too.

Thank you again and I look forward to your next visit to the Bell Tower!

Best Regards,

Reviewed May 21, 2013

The Bell Tower is centrally located to the university and best of all includes Valet parking. The rooms are quaint and clean. We had a corner suite while visinting our son at the unversity. Also they provide a great breakfast in the morning.

Room Tip: Corner suite was large and sunny
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a quick review. I appreciate your stay and look forward to your return visits with us!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I have nothing but positive things to say about the Bell Tower Hotel. Reception and service is the best I have seen in all my travels. If you plan on staying in Ann Arbor, for business or pleasure, nothing beats it -- including the Campus Inn.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
belltowerhotel, General Manager at Bell Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Thank you for your kind words and great review. We look forward to your return trip to Ann Arbor and another stay at the Bell Tower!