“Excellent, lovely little downtown hotel”
Review of Bell Tower Hotel

Bell Tower Hotel
Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Ann Arbor
North Royalton, Ohio, United States
“Excellent, lovely little downtown hotel”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed here on a Saturday night, and found it to be lovely and quiet. You can tell the building is old and "historic," but it is nicely decorated. The staff was excellent. A previous reviewer had complained about the continental breakfast, but I thought it was FANTASTIC. The best continental breakfast I've had.... eggs, sausage, cereal, yogurt, coffee/tea, juices, pastries including *real* donuts, even fresh cut/peeled oranges and grapefruit!

Other reviewers had complained about the elevator, and yes, there is only one, and it is old, but since we were only on the 2nd floor we always took the stairs which wasn't a problem. (and you better believe we, like everyone else, need our exercise!)

My only complaint isn't really a fault of the hotel, just given the location there was a bit of outside "city noise" in the middle of the night which woke me up, and I *really* regretted not bringing my "white noise" maker. There didn't seem to be an option to keep the fan/a/c permanently "on," (the thermostat said it was on, but it turned off when the a/c went off,) so I guess that would be nice if that had actually worked.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mara W
belltowerhotel, General Manager at Bell Tower Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for your review and the nice compliments about the continental breakfast. I believe it is close enough to a full breakfast that some guests forget that we describe it as a complimentary continental breakfast.

As for the noise, we are looking into replacing the windows on that side of the hotel with sound proof windows. I feel if you can block out airplanes flying over hotels that are close to the airport, we should be able to eliminate noise from the trash trucks.

Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to your repeat visits to the Bell Tower.

DeWayne Grann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Korean first
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Incredibly courteous and helpful staff that exceeded every expectation. The rooms were immaculate and quiet. We enjoyed a great continental breakfast. The location is perfect for walking around town and central campus. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013
belltowerhotel, General Manager at Bell Tower Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your return visit to Ann Arbor and the Bell Tower.

Best,

Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed here as part of a bridal party for a wedding this past weekend. I thought that the hotel service was excellent (attentive front desk and valet). My friend, the bride, was treated very well. We had the bridal suite from Thu-Sat for hanging out and getting ready. The downside is that the hotel is pricey so it would not be my choice for an every day type of stay, but perhaps more for a special occassion. The location is great though, right in the heart of Umich's campus.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
belltowerhotel, General Manager at Bell Tower Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
It was great to have such a nice wedding party and I have to say it was a very unique way to send the party off to the wedding! I understand we are priced a little higher than some hotels in Ann Arbor but I hope you found our guest service and location to compensate for it!

Thank you again for your business and I hope to see you again during your next visit to Ann Arbor.

Hong Kong
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Bell Tower Hotel is located in the centre of the town. Excellent service! Free wifi is provided and is accessible in the lobby, in the room or even in the corridor. Its complementary breakfast is delicious with cereal, bacon, scramble eggs, sausages, yogurt, fruits, donut, etc. Room TV got ESPN, TNT so live NBA games are broadcasted to make sure you are entertained every night!

Valet parking is also provided, suitable for travelers who rent cars.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
belltowerhotel, General Manager at Bell Tower Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for your review and your recent business! I am glad you appreciate the television selection since we recently upgraded to all HD television stations. We also recently added the hot items to our breakfast selections so I am glad to hear you like that too.

Thank you again and I look forward to your next visit to the Bell Tower!

Best Regards,

Rancho Santa Fe, CA
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The Bell Tower is centrally located to the university and best of all includes Valet parking. The rooms are quaint and clean. We had a corner suite while visinting our son at the unversity. Also they provide a great breakfast in the morning.

Room Tip: Corner suite was large and sunny
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a quick review. I appreciate your stay and look forward to your return visits with us!

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I have nothing but positive things to say about the Bell Tower Hotel. Reception and service is the best I have seen in all my travels. If you plan on staying in Ann Arbor, for business or pleasure, nothing beats it -- including the Campus Inn.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
belltowerhotel, General Manager at Bell Tower Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for your kind words and great review. We look forward to your return trip to Ann Arbor and another stay at the Bell Tower!

Metuchen, NJ
Reviewed May 13, 2013

The Bell Tower is one of my favorite hotels. I always stay here if I can when visiting Ann Arbor. There is no better location if you're at the University of Michigan. The service is excellent, and the rooms are very comfortable and quiet. There is valet parking, which is always a plus in Ann Arbor.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
belltowerhotel, General Manager at Bell Tower Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. It is nice to enjoy what Ann Arbor has to offer without worrying about driving and parking anywhere. We look forward to having you back during your next visit.