“All You Can Ask For”

Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Hong Kong
“All You Can Ask For”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Bell Tower Hotel is located in the centre of the town. Excellent service! Free wifi is provided and is accessible in the lobby, in the room or even in the corridor. Its complementary breakfast is delicious with cereal, bacon, scramble eggs, sausages, yogurt, fruits, donut, etc. Room TV got ESPN, TNT so live NBA games are broadcasted to make sure you are entertained every night!

Valet parking is also provided, suitable for travelers who rent cars.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
belltowerhotel, General Manager at Bell Tower Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for your review and your recent business! I am glad you appreciate the television selection since we recently upgraded to all HD television stations. We also recently added the hot items to our breakfast selections so I am glad to hear you like that too.

Thank you again and I look forward to your next visit to the Bell Tower!

Best Regards,

DeWayne Grann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Korean first
Rancho Santa Fe, CA
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The Bell Tower is centrally located to the university and best of all includes Valet parking. The rooms are quaint and clean. We had a corner suite while visinting our son at the unversity. Also they provide a great breakfast in the morning.

Room Tip: Corner suite was large and sunny
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a quick review. I appreciate your stay and look forward to your return visits with us!

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I have nothing but positive things to say about the Bell Tower Hotel. Reception and service is the best I have seen in all my travels. If you plan on staying in Ann Arbor, for business or pleasure, nothing beats it -- including the Campus Inn.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
belltowerhotel, General Manager at Bell Tower Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for your kind words and great review. We look forward to your return trip to Ann Arbor and another stay at the Bell Tower!

Metuchen, NJ
Reviewed May 13, 2013

The Bell Tower is one of my favorite hotels. I always stay here if I can when visiting Ann Arbor. There is no better location if you're at the University of Michigan. The service is excellent, and the rooms are very comfortable and quiet. There is valet parking, which is always a plus in Ann Arbor.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
belltowerhotel, General Manager at Bell Tower Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. It is nice to enjoy what Ann Arbor has to offer without worrying about driving and parking anywhere. We look forward to having you back during your next visit.

london england
Reviewed May 8, 2013

A pleasant if unremarkable hotel in a very pleasant city. Room was moderate sized in a long corridor, bathroom a bit shabby but just about acceptable, staff at reception very friendly and helpful although could have been just a little better informed about touristic things (though how many foreign tourists can they get, I wonder?). Breakfast a bit disappointing but included in room price which is unusual for the US. It was fine but nothig special.

Room Tip: Make sure you are on a high floor at the back as the ground floor rooms are just off the reception a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank UKandFrance
belltowerhotel, General Manager at Bell Tower Hotel, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
I am sorry to hear that you found the room and hotel to be average. The desk and valet are very knowledgeable of Ann Arbor and what it has to offer. As for the breakfast, I would like to think it is pretty elaborate for a complimentary continental breakfast. It includes sausage or bacon, eggs, potatoes, fresh local donuts, muffins, English muffins, toast, waffles, fresh fruit, cereals, oatmeal, yogurt, 100% fresh squeezed OJ along with other juices.

Thank you for your review of the hotel and we hope you try us again next time you are in Ann Area.

Best Regards,

grand rapids
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had to attend an acupuncture research symposium at the university recently and I got to stay at this terrific place. Being that I plan all my business trips out in advance around which restaurants I plan on visiting it was great that I could just walk to all of the places that I wanted to try from here. On the last night I ate at Merci’s, this is the place connected to the hotel. It was one of my better meals in Ann Arbor I highly recommend it. I know it sounds boring, but the simple steak and fries plate that I chose was so perfectly prepared. The staff is really, really friendly. Maybe I should add another really in there. From the valet to the front desk everyone went out of their way to make me feel better than at home. People say it’s a little dated…I say it’s better to be dated than to sit home alone single.
If you are like me and like to bring your own cocktails with you, don’t bother because there are liquor stores very near by. However being a college town I couldn’t find my usual brandy that I like. I would have thought that the snobby U of M kids would have brandy in their party stores? Maybe I needed to look behind all the bongs and pot paraphernalia.
Just around the block is La Marsa that has inexpensive and quite good middle eastern fare. Even though the line is long I would avoid Tomukun noodle bar. It’s nothing out of the ordinairy.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the great review and kind words. We look forward to your return stays with us whenever you return to Ann Arbor.

rome italy
Reviewed May 5, 2013

When I travel for business, there are only a few things that are really important to me. One of them is wi-fi. So that's where I'll begin: passenger pigeons would have been more reliable than the wi-fi in room 409. Perhaps I should have asked to switch rooms. I've never done that, but I seriously considered it when I realized that the wi-fi worked much better in a colleague's room.

More generally, I was disappointed by the hotel in many ways. The single rate for a king room was $180/night, which I consider to be not exactly cheap for a place like Ann Arbor. At that rate, there are certain things that I think one should be able to expect. Like an elevator that works (when we were there, the elevator was out of service more often than not). Like a minibar or fridge in the room (there was no place even to stash a bottle of water). Like a bathroom cold water tap that turns the right way and gives cold water, not hot (I did complain about this and they said they'd fix it, which didn't happen, though they did send water bottles up to my room, because, really, who wants to drink a glass of hot tap water?). Like showerheads that are old and clogged so they spray little water jets in 19 directions.

Most of the above things are not show stoppers per se. But you don't expect them from a hotel which obviously occupies a high-end market segment. If you have to put up with them, you should pay a fair but less.

On the plus side, the staff is very friendly, the hotel itself has a historic charm, the room service is good and the rooms are very clean, the complimentary breakfast offers lots of choices, and the location, right across from the Diag, is obviously excellent for anyone visiting on business related to the University. So clearly the Bell Tower has a lot going for it. But there needs to be more attention to details in the areas that I mentioned above to justify the high price.

Room Tip: Avoid 409 (and probably 209 and 309, which are at the end of the hall) if you want wi-fi.
2 Thank mulsone
Thank you for writing a response to your recent stay. We had out IT department review the internet in the room you stayed in. He increased the bandwidth and renamed some access points so a computer would not "bounce". Hopefully this will help the internet problem.

As for the elevator, it does work, but I agree it is not the fastest elevator. You may have to wait a couple of minutes if there is a lot of traffic using it. Our maintenance department reviewed the shower head and sink handle.

Please give us another try next time you are in Ann Arbor and I assure you that you will be happy with your accommodations!

Thanks again,