“awful”

Ranked #34 of 34 Hotels in Ann Arbor
angola, in
“awful”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

just stayed there this week, wow is all I can say,worst hotel I have ever stayed in,the smell knocked you out when you walked in, the rooms were filthy,dark and drab hall ways,no coffee,no clocks in the room,security was needed badly,please do not stay there

Room Tip: do not stay there
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank mick s

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed July 27, 2013

took 45 minutes to check into the hotel. Hotel was dirty and smells like Indian food. No one seems to care that we were late for our engagement. worst experience ever! Booked the room through Priceline and it was like they didn't know how to to check us in! I guess it would help if they spoke English! do not stay at this hotel spend the extra money and stay somewhere else it will be worth every penny!

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank Bigchet420
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Upon finding the property we were greeted with a filthy front door and lobby...so maybe they were having a bad day. That is until they showed us our room....pills on the floor, trash on the furniture, cigarette butts on the dresser tops. Two ice machines, both broken. Parking area littered with all types of garbage. I have never seen a property so disgusting. We did not stay.
The swimming pool was closed over with a big tarp held down with cinder block. Please, take my advise and pass on this property.

Room Tip: Avoid this motel!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank mskar828
Redford
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I never complain, (I don't have time to) so for me to take the time to write this means it is an awful motel. I don't have unreasonable expectations but this was by far the worst place I have ever been to. Three inches of standing water in the lobby we had to walk through to check in, (our shoes were ruined). We then got to our "Jacuzzi suite" only to find a puddle of water near the bed. We then told the manager and he put us in a different room (which was also leaking). We tried to make the best of things and drew a bath in the Jacuzzi. That's when I began to notice gunk which must have been hidden underneath the nonslip matt that started surfacing up in the bubbles (which I bought). The room was dirty, the shower had dirt on the walls, the sink had a mysterious substance, the toilet was dirty. We tried to rough it out, until I pulled the comforter back, which had huge urine spots. That's when we decided to check out. The manager will not refund us because after I showed him the comforter he offered us a different room. After seeing two rooms, I didn't need to see anymore! That's just the unbearable complaints, the pool had no water, the entire facility was very outdated and looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years, and the smell of the entire building should have sent me running as soon as I walked in. I am disgusted with the facility and poor management. When we were leaving to our car there were a few people partying with a baby near our car. We felt unsafe and glad we left before our car got broken into. Please don't waste your money. This place needs condemned!

Room Tip: DONT GO HERE! you can find as good of a deal somewhere else!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Michelle120287
Ithaca
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I don't have high expectations for a $50 hotel. You don't expect loveliness for that price. It was OK. The breakfast was pretty vile, again, no expectations otherwise. There was a vat of raisin bran, so I did fine. The Thai restaurant on site was a treat. Close to major roads. However, I will not go back because the whole building reeks of scented cleaning product. Way too much for me.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Karen G
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Horrible Hotel, extremely dirty and bad order for the cost. Carpet is like 50 years old without cleaning. Also, there is problem with hot water, bathroom light, Wifi is also slow... It even makes me angry when I am writing this review. In general I am not a picky person and I have never bother to write reviews. But this one is so horrible that I want to bring awareness to everyone. AVOID IT AT ALL COST!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Sean J
St.Joe-Benton Harbor, MI
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Even at the One-Star level, usually Hotwire hotels are pretty good. Not so with this one. The staff was very nice and the room was "passable" clean, but that's the best we can say. The Victory, or whatever it was called years ago was probably top notch, in it's day. That day is long, gone. First thing we learned on check-in was many areas are closed, "for renovation", the second was there was almost no one else there. We were booked for two nights, stayed one, just walked way from the room we paid for. Finally, this was no Hotwire "deal", the price we paid, was the price on their sign.

Room Tip: Their are many parking lots in the area, you'd be better off using one to sleep in your car.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business