A Victory Inn & Suites - Ann Arbor
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Fairfield Inn Ann Arbor(Ann Arbor)
View Hotel
Courtyard Ann Arbor(Ann Arbor)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 24, 2012

This place is dirty. Unfortunately my friend and I stayed here for a Michigan vs Michigan State game. If it wasn't for being die hard Michigan fans we would have left, but all the hotels in town were soldout. After reading the reviews on trip advisor we checked the bed upon arrival to find hairs, chip crumbs, etc on the unchanged sheets. We asked for new sheets and made the bed ourselves. When we asked the front desk to call us a taxi they replied with giving us a number instead of just calling one for us.
This place is run down and dirty with an unpleasant odour.
At least Michigan won and made the stay worth it. Go Blue!

Room Tip: If you have to stay check the bedsheets.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Conciergecouple
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for the spring and summer 2012 semesters while attending law school in Ann Arbor. As an extended-stay guest, I can attest that this hotel and its staff provide a hospitable, clean, and comfortable atmosphere for its guests. And this is not because the staff had become more familiar with me as an extended-stay guest, but because I witnessed their hospitality extend to all guests there.
The rooms were always comfortable and the wireless connection was 100%.
My primary goal was to find a no-frills, clean, comfortable, and reasonably priced place to stay in Ann Arbor and this hotel not only met this goal but exceeded it. Its staff really did make me feel right "at home," even though I really was far from my home in Texas. And when I made my transition back to Texas, the hotel's manager Nancy went above and beyond her regular duties to make the transition go as smoothly as possible. From calling cabs for airport rides into Detroit airport to corresponding with auto shippers, she really helped make the transition a painless one.

• Stayed: January 2012
4  Thank StephKV
Reviewed August 13, 2012

A group of 5 couples booked here because there was a large convention in A2 and most rooms were booked. There are plenty of reasons why this motel had availability! When we entered the lobby, the smell of smoke and mustiness was prevalent. The front desk clerk was unpleasant and unhelpful. The elevator was actually scary - so old and out-dated, we opted for the stairs when possible. Each couple went to their rooms, then planned to meet in one of the "suites" shortly after. Our room was very tired, and not very clean. We actually pulled down the spread and briefly checked the sheets because we were concerned about the cleanliness. We proceeded to our friend's suite to find that one of the couples checked their bed and actually found a bug - that jumped! Ugh. We were checking the suite room, and found blood on the sheets, Double ugh. One other couple said their sheets hadn't even been changed. Extreme Ugh. We knew we couldn't stay, and since there were no other vacancies, we went home - fortunately only about an hours' drive away. The clerk refused a refund because the reservations were made 3rd party (Travelocity). Do not under any circumstances go here -- you'd be better off sleeping in your car!

Room Tip: We saw 5 rooms - there were no good ones.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank hazel14
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We arrived for the color run 2012 And the room seemed decent u till we inspected more closely, the ajoining room door was badly damaaged, there was blood stains on the walls of the room and the bathroom as well as the ceiling of the bathroom and a badly cleaned shower! Very unsanitary, unfortunately all hotels were booked so we had no choice but to buy our own Lysol and attempt to sanitize the room. Pool empty, staircases smell of urine. I'm sure you will have no record of our stay but this review is 100% accurate and have photographic proof. Do not stay here!

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank Guest2012july
Reviewed July 11, 2012

The pictures of this hotel look nice and inviting but it's far from what you really get. When we arrived we noticed the pool emptied, no one mentioned that it wouldn't be available. The Place smells musty and smoky even though it's a smoke free place. The elevator was scary, looked like it hasn't been updated since the 80's.
The first room they put us in was a dirty room not even ready for use. They switched us to a different room and it wasn't much better.
The mirrors were streaky, dust on the tv cabinet, the bed poorly made. We found someone's empty Red Bull can sitting by the bed. There were few channels on the tv, the wifi was slow.
In the morning we found garbage, a towel and someone's chew and spit in a styrofoam cup shoved into a drawer.
If it hadn't been so late or if we had noticed the garbage when we got there we would have gone some where else. But because we slept there the front desk said they couldn't do anything for us.

The man at the front desk also told us that a room key at their hotel will open any room.. I found that less then comforting.
I would recommend that no one stay here until they put it under new management and give the place a complete makeover. They might be better off tearing it down and rebuilding.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family