A Victory Inn & Suites - Ann Arbor
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Fairfield Inn Ann Arbor(Ann Arbor)
View Hotel
Courtyard Ann Arbor(Ann Arbor)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 1, 2011

Drove to Ann Arbor for a graduation event and my wife booked lodging at "A Victory Inn & Suites 3750 Washtenaw through Orbits for $155. There was broken glass in the parking lot, the door knob on door for the stairs separating the first and second floor was off making it difficult to use the stairs, everything in the room was sticky and unclean, the bathroom sink drain was completely blocked, the shower controls did not work making it difficult to control water temperature, the air conditioning unit was plugged into a wall outlet that had no recepticle plate cover, and the bathroom towels were the size and weight of a kitchen towel.

It was so bad that we simply took a shower and left staying a total of about 30 minutes. When I complained at the desk the employee had absolutely nothing to say and I got the distinct impression that this is a daily occurance for this place. I intend to complain to Orbitz, the Michigan Health Department, and the BBB. Disgraceful that this place is even open.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank wardtw
AVictory, Public Relations Manager at A Victory Inn & Suites - Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2011

Dear Reviewer:

Thanks for your comments and expressing your concerns.

It's unfortunate that you had to pay $155 for a room you did not like. The procedure at Orbitz for unsatisfied guest is to call Orbitz and they will relocate their guests to another hotel in the area. But, why you chose to drive all the way back to Pittsburgh is very puzzling. Most guests during U of M graduation finish early and therefore prefer not to stay in Ann Arbor because they do not like the high demand prices of a hotel room. We are at a disadvantage because we do not have your name or the room number you stayed in. Also, if you did stay at our hotel we would have upgraded your room at no additional cost. Furthermore our records do not show any guest staying at our property at a rate of $155 neither with taxes added nor without. Even though we do not have any records of your stay, on behalf of the Ann Arbor community of hotels; we apologize. If you ever return to Ann Arbor we hope your stay is a pleasant one.

Have a nice day!

Reviewed February 16, 2011

For an older hotel, not bad, carpet tears in hallways. But the room, not bad, clean, plenty of towels (good thing too). Jacuzzi was great, plenty of hot water, roomy. I tried to get ahold of the front desk @7:30 p.m. for a wake up call and didn't reach anyone. Tried 3 times. Could not get internet, desk clerk did not know how to help me, referred me to the tech people 877-734-8025. Tried 3 times and the line was always busy. Said screw it and went to bed had an early day. Got up at 11:30 to use bathroom and the sink faucet fell off in my hands. Said screw it, and went back to bed (I hadn't been feeling well). I didn't want a repair man coming into my room at that hour or having to gather up me stuff in the middle of the night. I ended up brushing my teeth leaning over the bathtub. When I complained to the front desk re: these 3 issues, he was very polite and gave me $20 off my bill (only after I argued), and suggested he read the reviews on their hotel that they might learn where to make improvements, because it has such a very low rating. I stayed there because it was close to the Ann Arbor V.A. hospital. Might drive the extra distance next time.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank sueinmi
Reviewed November 29, 2010

The mattress was sagging in the middle, lamp next to bed had wiring showing, hot/cold faucet was mislabeled, carpet was dingy, bad smells, dresser had old cigarettes and trash in drawer, bathroom floor was sticky, soap was so old it broke first time we used it. As for breakfast, I could do better dumpster diving. Heater cover was coming off and towels were so worn that it might have been better to use toilet paper to dry off. Shower was not too bad and the staff was kind of friendly. Next time I will sleep in my car.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Joethegreatone
Reviewed November 11, 2010

When I checked in and first went to my room, I found that there was no iron in my room and went down to ask for one--they felt so bad about that little thing that they upgraded me to a king suite with a jetted tub!

It's an older hotel, for sure, but great service, clean, and a great location. Paid almost nothing for it, so I definitely can't complain given how accommodating they were.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank mlkmnsgrl
Reviewed October 21, 2010

First off, the hotel gave away the 4 rooms we had reserved, forcing us to fit 12 people into 2 rooms as these were the last two rooms available in the entire city. Then, after giving them a credit card to "reserve" the room with intentions of paying with a different card the following day, they charged the first card but assured me it was only to verify funds. I go back and check the account a few days later and sure enough, they charged the original card.

Other than that, the room wasn't horrible, but I would never trust the sheets they provide. It's old and the AC in our room didn't work (which was unfortunate because there were no windows that could be opened in our room).

If this is the last place to stay in town, you're better off sleeping in your car.

• Stayed: October 2010