“Alternative to the Roadhouse”
Review of The Quarter Bistro

The Quarter Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
The Quarter Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 600 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed April 8, 2014

This restaurant is right next to the Zingerman's Roadhouse, ended up there not wanting to wait the hour to get in.

Food was ok, nothing spectacular. Had to send our artichoke dip back as it was cold, and it still was not hot the second time. I am used to scalding my mouth.

Service was great though.

There are newer reviews for The Quarter Bistro

Reviewed April 5, 2014

This was a get together with a couple of friends on a Saturday night. We all ordered the beef tenderloin special. Our food took forever to come out, but we were talking so that wasn't the real issue. Our waitress talked to the manager about the wait on our food and so two managers came to our table to apologize along with the waitress. They offered us free dessert, coffee, drinks for our trouble. After the food finally arrived I was very disappointed in my beef tenderloin, it was overcooked and not very tender. I did not eat it all and told the waitress, but nothing was done about it. We did get free dessert. I ordered the Creme Brûlée which was also not good and I didn't eat. The other two desserts were fine. Two of us ordered coffee and when the final bill came they charged us for the coffee. I was not impressed with the food. Perhaps it was just a bad night. I do know a chef who works there, however he was off that night. I am willing to try it another time to see if the food is any better. I know I won't order the beef tenderloin or Creme Brûlée.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Pleasant decor, friendly service, large diverse menu with accent on well-spiced Cajun specialities. Something for diners of varying tastes. Love the fresh oysters and jambalaya.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

We went for lunch on a Friday afternoon. Everyone on the staff that we met were great and our waiter was one of the best I've had anywhere. My wife had a salmon sandwich and I had a shrimp po-boy with beans and rice. I had about 10 popcorn size shrimp on a roll. my wife said the salmon was ok, but the roll was dry. Good beer selection was a plus. I just think it is overrated as well as overpriced.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I had dinner with a group of friends. The food was great, although due to the size of our party, it wasn't what I would consider hot from the kitchen. The service did a good job dealing with our party of 15. The overall atmosphere of the restaurant is great.