“The best brunch buffet around.”
Review of The Quarter Bistro

The Quarter Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
The Quarter Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 592 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
La Grange, Kentucky
“The best brunch buffet around.”
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

This was by far the best brunch buffet I have ever enjoyed. Oysters on the 1/2 shell shrimp cocktail fresh made omelets while you wait. A full buffet lunch Russian was the theme the day we went. Pancake tower, deserts. It was wonderful along with the service. Can't wait to go to Michigan again for brunch

• Visited July 2013

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“good waiter, lousy food”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This the 3rd time I ave tried this restaurant. Giving them a chance each time to redeem themselves. For lunch today, we ordered the seafood salad. With tiny, defrosted shrimp, tiny niblets of crab meat , tired looking greens, some nice avocado, cucumber, and a price of $14.00. Where was the seafood? The presentation was terrible. Oh, and some hard boiled eggs. I had eaten this salad before and been very pleased. Someone is cutting back. Maybe there other restaurant The Cottage Inn isn't doing so well. Anyway, this is my last time and their last chance. Onward and upward.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank aaannarbor
New York City, New York
“Why Bother”
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

To do good creole/Cajun you cannot do anything else. The Quartertries to do everything; so it is a. Sturdy in mediocrity.
It looks and feels like a modern version of an old roadhouse and frequently cannot be seen thru the full parking lot, but inside reeks of blandness.
Go downtown for better food or next door to Zingerman's for more electricity.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank venamo
Milan, Michigan
“Good variety of Cajun/Creole-influenced cuisine”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Some friends and I went here for Ann Arbor's Restaurant Week promotion. Two of us ordered off the prix fixe menu (3-courses, $28, only valid that week). Two others ordered off the regular menu. Overall, everyone was pleased with their meals. Highlights from amongst the four of us were the Gumbo YaYa, the Caribbean BBQ Shrimp, the Jambalaya, and the Catfish Beignets. The serve excellent rolls with a hummus-like spread (odd for this style of restaurant, but good), have a nice selection of wines and cocktails, and great desserts. There is truly something for everyone on their menu. Not everything is cajun spicy, so don't let the threat of "heat" scare you away.

The only reason I rated this as Average was that the preparation of some of our dishes was not what I would expect for the rather high prices we paid. Two of us had dishes that included grilled chicken and in both cases, the chicken was overcooked and dry. Mine was borderline, but my friend's was so dry it looked stringy when she cut it. I also got bread pudding as part of my prix fixe deal. I was expecting something lavish and rich. It was just so-so. I had far better at Olga's Kitchen a week earlier with the same group.

Service was impeccable and we were never hurried. Atmosphere is wonderful. Elegant and warm... you feel like you're in New Orleans.

• Visited June 2013
Michigan
“This is one of my fave A2 hangouts.”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

My only regret is that I do not dine here often enough. I wish I had many more friends who enjoy this cuisine.

Easy observation, the service is very cordial and delivers on all fronts.The last time I was here I enjoyed the Bourbon Street Muffuletta (wonderful olive relish), perfectly crispy fries, a creamy tomato-based soup, and a refreshing cucumber martini. From previous visits I've loved the Alligator Voodoo appetizer, Big Easy burger, Butternut Squash Ravioli Florentine, and the Garden and Caesar salads.

Show up, this place is wonderful!

• Visited June 2013