“Good variety of Cajun/Creole-influenced cuisine”
Review of The Quarter Bistro

The Quarter Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
The Quarter Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 595 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Milan, Michigan
“Good variety of Cajun/Creole-influenced cuisine”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Some friends and I went here for Ann Arbor's Restaurant Week promotion. Two of us ordered off the prix fixe menu (3-courses, $28, only valid that week). Two others ordered off the regular menu. Overall, everyone was pleased with their meals. Highlights from amongst the four of us were the Gumbo YaYa, the Caribbean BBQ Shrimp, the Jambalaya, and the Catfish Beignets. The serve excellent rolls with a hummus-like spread (odd for this style of restaurant, but good), have a nice selection of wines and cocktails, and great desserts. There is truly something for everyone on their menu. Not everything is cajun spicy, so don't let the threat of "heat" scare you away.

The only reason I rated this as Average was that the preparation of some of our dishes was not what I would expect for the rather high prices we paid. Two of us had dishes that included grilled chicken and in both cases, the chicken was overcooked and dry. Mine was borderline, but my friend's was so dry it looked stringy when she cut it. I also got bread pudding as part of my prix fixe deal. I was expecting something lavish and rich. It was just so-so. I had far better at Olga's Kitchen a week earlier with the same group.

Service was impeccable and we were never hurried. Atmosphere is wonderful. Elegant and warm... you feel like you're in New Orleans.

• Visited June 2013

Michigan
“This is one of my fave A2 hangouts.”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

My only regret is that I do not dine here often enough. I wish I had many more friends who enjoy this cuisine.

Easy observation, the service is very cordial and delivers on all fronts.The last time I was here I enjoyed the Bourbon Street Muffuletta (wonderful olive relish), perfectly crispy fries, a creamy tomato-based soup, and a refreshing cucumber martini. From previous visits I've loved the Alligator Voodoo appetizer, Big Easy burger, Butternut Squash Ravioli Florentine, and the Garden and Caesar salads.

Show up, this place is wonderful!

• Visited June 2013
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Love This Place”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Consistently good to great. Always friendly professional service. Servers observant without hovering. Good for lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch. Also a great place to meet for drinks.

Visited May 2013
Sugar Land, Texas
“Bourbon Louis Salad - yes!!”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

It's hard to find a Louis salad on a menu these days. This one is absolutely delicious! Big lumps of crab meat make it a salad that rates a return visit. My server was wonderful - pleasant to chat with and great service to boot! Lovely atmosphere. Would definitely return when in the area again!

• Visited April 2013
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Tasty catfish beignets!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Happily surprised! Very varied menu. We all liked our choices. I had the catfish beignets and mushroom soup. The soup was outstanding...creamy, flavorful and nice pieces of mushrooms. The desserts were a perfect way to end a nice evening: key lime pie and a slice of tiramisu. Both were big enough to share but we didn't want to because they tasted so great. Going back on Sunday to try their buffet!

• Visited April 2013