“Very nice” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Carlyle Grill

Carlyle Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Carlyle Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 588 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: We invite you to sit back and relax over a snack or meal, prepared to order, using the freshest ingredients available. It's food prepared with passion ... from the house smoked baby back ribs to our hand crafted specialty cocktails. We feature a Chef driven menu in a from-scratch kitchen. All our menu items are made to order and can be customized anyway you wish. Our style is all-American comfort food, served in huge portions with fresh seafood and steaks delivered daily.
Ann Arbor
“Very nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Dinner and service has always been very nice. The prices are very reasonable and the quality very good. Great value.

Visited June 2014

Michigan
“Fantastic Ribs!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

We saw the Carlyle Grill as we were driving by and decided to try it. Glad we did!! First off let me start with that our waitress was great she explained things such as what we could get instead of the coleslaw which none of us wanted and told us what would we could swap at no cost and what would cost us. The bread with their own butter that they make was so good that we got a second basket which I finished off myself. For our entrees 2 of us got the ribs and the other got the crab cakes. I had gotten the ribs and always cringe at ordering them at a place where I have never gotten them as you never know if they will be good or not. The Ribs were absolutely fantastic!! The meat came right off the bone so nice that the bones were left clean as a whistle!! They were probably the best tasting ribs I have ever had!! The shoestring fries were awesome. The broccoli was cooked perfectly. Just an excellent meal all around!! My only complaints would be they are a little pricey and the variety on the menu could be improved. After I got home I went online to their website and see about 4 steak entrees, the half rotisserie chicken and the pot roast on the menu online but they weren't on the menu at the restaurant, however, I am glad they weren't because they probably would have steered me away from the delicious ribs!!

• Visited May 2014
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Always Good - Our Value Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

As always, the Carlyle service and good are excellent. This time I had the London Chop House Burger, great with the chips but one problem, it is too big. Make sure you are really hungry or save the rest for tomorrows lunch.

Visited February 2014
Southfield, Michigan
“Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

The restaurant has a nice atmosphere and the service was good. I ordered the chicken quesadillas. They use pulled chicken for the dish. It tasted good at first. However, as I was eating it, I noticed bones throughout the quesadilla from the pulled chicken. This limited my enjoyment of the dish. In the future, I hope they take more care and time when preparing this dish.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Small things matter....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

It's been four years since I reviewed Carlyle Grill and while I liked to say we have stayed regulars, the sad thing is that we haven't. Spotty service and average food drove us away. This town has very high standards for it's restaurants, so there was no need to settle. On a whim, we returned to the Carlyle for an early dinner. We sat in the bar and ordered wings and a couple of drinks off the happy hour menu. For our entrees we went with the ravioli and spaghetti and meatballs. The wings were actually good - hot, spicy and average amount. The entrees were good as well. Not amazing, but good. The service - our waiter was fine, but the kitchen must have been out of sync. We waited quite a while for the wings, which is fine. Once they arrived, however, our meal came right after. The dilemma - which do we let sit and get cold while we eat the other? I know this is a small thing, but it changed the flow of the experience. Will we be back? Sure...just not with high expectations.

• Visited March 2014