“The worst sushi I have ever eaten”
Review of Sadako

Sadako
Ranked #96 of 592 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Ohio
“The worst sushi I have ever eaten”
Reviewed June 24, 2011

My husband and I have been seeking out good sushi for over 15 years, all over the country. The sushi at Sadako did not taste fresh, especially the tuna. Soft shell crab also tasted "off" possibly due to poor cleaning--my husband had to spit it out into his napkin. Presentation was totally lacking in artistry, e.g. tobiko (fish eggs) was just spooned in a glop on top of a roll. Tempura was heavy, more like a deep fried heavy batter, than the light, flaky coating it should be.
The restaurant was crowded at 6:30 PM, mostly with a younger, possibly student crowd. The sushi bar is very cramped.
There is much better sushi in Ann Arbor and in the western Michigan/northwest Ohio region.

• Visited June 2011

Genoa, Italy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,266 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed January 10, 2011

Sadako is my all time favorite Japanese restaurant in a very competitive market…just down the street are two other Japanese restaurants and the town is filled with them, but none as good and as inexpensive as Sadako. Every order comes with a small salad with a delightful ginger dressing and a small bowl of OK miso soup. But the rolls are excellent with many standout favorites such as the Sunny roll…it’s really different, the Crunch roll, plus several variations on a California roll. I have to admit that I have never tried their hot meals because I always enjoy the rolls so much! I do agree with the other reviewer that the only down side is that it’s frequently very busy, but then I often call in for take out! It’s also noisy and could really benefit from hanging a few cloth draperies to absorb the noise, but hey, just go during off hours and avoid the thongs of students that love this place! It’s great food at a great price; something Ann Arbor is known for!

• Visited December 2010
Akron, Ohio
“Great experience overall”
Reviewed April 23, 2009

This place was very busy - tons of college kids, but delicious food and definitely worth the wait! I think we waited between 30-40 minutes, but the sushi is inexpensive and so tasty. Definitely a positive experience - I want to go back!
We sat at the sushi bar, which was fun. They gave us a Japanese soup and a salad with our sushi, without ordering it special. Great amount of food and quality of taste for the money. The average sushi roll was between $4-8.
It was rather noisy, but a very fun environment with nice Japanese decor. I would NOT suggest going in a group larger than 4 people because it is a very small restaurant and you would probably have to wait a long time. And there is not very much waiting room. But seriously, you should go!

Been to Sadako? Share your experiences!