“3 words, maple bacon gelato !!”

Zingerman's Creamery
Ranked #8 of 23 Dessert in Ann Arbor
Reviewed July 4, 2013

While I am sure other flavors of Zingermans Gelato are just as pleasant as the 2 I tried this trip, I must say infusing maple and bacon into a gelato didn't sound appealing at first. But after I took a bite of the generous sample placed in front of me I knew my $3 would be well spent. Salty,sweet, meaty, and creamy. All that adds up to one nice treat from the creamery

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I have purchased many products and have eaten in both restaurants of Zingerman's. Their products all definitely good, but over-rated on many items and also greatly over-priced. Ann Arbor, Mi happens to be a wealthy community, and locals will pay the price, but, I also believe, it is a be above...or part of the crowd mentality. Breads and cakes are wayyyyyyyyy overpriced. I have purchased their Irish soda bread, which is quite expensive compared to a $2.99 loaf from a local supermarket and the cheaper loaf was better. Had a hamburger once and almost choked at the menu price. Expecting, something extra......was below my expectations. I would choose a McDonald's or Burger King burger over theirs. Their pickles are excellent and so is their gelato. All and all a lot of their products are very good......but again, over-rated and over-priced.....simply because they are one of a kind in the community they are located, and where they are on the map in the USA.

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

We love sampling the cheeses and bringing some back to hotel for snacks. We always pack some away cheese and meats in our suitcases. The pimento cheese spread is a must! Now they have a version with applewood smoked bacon. Double yummy!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

The creamery concentrates on local and regional cheeses. Has great gelato with local and natural flavors

Reviewed September 8, 2012

I am a big Zingermans fan. They do such a great job at everything they do, its hard not to like them. The Creamery is located on the south side of Ann Arbor. It is not the easiest place to find but once you know where it is, you have found a gem. While this is probably one of the smallest Zingermans locations, whats not to like about fresh cheese and gelato. They also offer a tour. I can't remember what day of the week but it was interesting. They take you through the back of the creamery and show you how they make fresh mozzarella cheese and gelato. They will also let you taste just about anything they carry. I am a big fan of the gelato and they have me hooked so I will return.