“Love this place”

Zingerman's Creamery
Ranked #7 of 24 Dessert in Ann Arbor
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I am a big Zingermans fan. They do such a great job at everything they do, its hard not to like them. The Creamery is located on the south side of Ann Arbor. It is not the easiest place to find but once you know where it is, you have found a gem. While this is probably one of the smallest Zingermans locations, whats not to like about fresh cheese and gelato. They also offer a tour. I can't remember what day of the week but it was interesting. They take you through the back of the creamery and show you how they make fresh mozzarella cheese and gelato. They will also let you taste just about anything they carry. I am a big fan of the gelato and they have me hooked so I will return.

There are newer reviews for Zingerman's Creamery

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Zingerman's Deli receives many raves for its creative sandwiches and salads; Zingerman's Roadhouse delivers great breakfasts, lunch and dinner. A memorable outing.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Had the best breakfast ever!! Showed up at 9:30 am on a Sunday and only had a wait of about 5 minutes! I had oatmeal and fruit and I know that sounds boring, but it was very tasty, and the fruit was varied, fresh and tasty. My husband had eggs, pancakes, bacon, potatoes .... the works! Loved it all. And they serve grits! I'm from the south, and was surprised to see grits on the menu - they were delicious!!

They also serve great cheese from Vermont and Oysters from Apalachicola - near where I'm from. Separate menus for the cheese and the oysters so that you can relish the offerings!

Great experience, delicious food. The blueberry spoon-jam was fantastic! I bought the last jar they had!

Reviewed June 29, 2012

I have heard how great this place was for quite a while now and I finally made it there! The store itself is very small-they have a freezer with some cheese, eggs, milk, etc. They have a large table with several kinds of cheese to purchase. I bought some of their fresh mozzarella, as we have done in the past, from the deli downtown. It is excellent! I do think their prices are a tad high.

Gelato-I got a scoop of their Dark Chocolate, on top of a scoop of their Roadhouse Vanilla. Both were very good, but for me, the Roadhouse Vanilla beat out the chocolate. That is hard to believe! ;) $5 for two small scoops in a paper Dixie Cup. It was worth it...

There are several picnic tables outside, along with some children's toys. There are also bathrooms and trash receptacles. There are a few indoor dining tables also, entry is from the outside picnic area. This creamery is right next door to Zingerman's Bakehouse and Coffee Shop. Plenty of parking. An odd location, but not far from the mall and easy to find.

You can tour this creamery, Sept to May. They stated it is much too hot inside the creamery (not the store) during the summer for touring. Popular with school groups it appears. Friendly workers.

Highly recommend!

1  Thank tymetraveler222
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Lots of great, fresh, delicious cheese products. We bought some yummy cream cheese to go with our fresh bagels that we bought at Zingerman's bakery. It's nice to have cream cheese that actually tastes like cheese. We also got a chunk of Parmesan and some smoked Mozzarella. Everything was great. And you can sample it all!

1  Thank natys_mommy