“The ambience was wonderful and the entrees unique.”
Review of Vinology

Vinology
Reserve with OpenTable
Vinology is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 609 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Street between Washington and Huron
Transit: Close to local bus routes, Greyhound and Amtrak in downtown Ann Arbor.
Description: Vinology was created to be your everyday wine bar. Over the years our family has enjoyed sharing wine, food, and spirits through our love of experimentation and education. From our experience we created a place for you to enrich your life with a menu and atmosphere that fits every style, taste, and budget. With over 100 wines served by the bottle and 50 by the glass from around the world, we're sure you'll find more than a few gems to adore. Enjoy our wine flights, focused food and wine pairings, Specialty Drink menu, classes, relaxed conversation and more. At Vinology, kick back, relax, experiment, and have fun while you educate your palate and savor the offerings. Let us bring the charm of wine and much more into your life. The Jonna Family Eat. Drink. Shop
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed the atmosphere and the jazz music playing in the background. The food was good but not great. It seemed like most entrees were floating in some kind of sauce. My halibut dish was a little salty for my tastes. The service was excellent and the wait staff helpful and engaging.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Not sure why the high ranks for this place. Service was mediocre and slow (and included a public reprimand by management of our waitress...so apparently we were not alone.)

Food was...odd...strange combinations that just did not come together. Clearly, an attempt to have some Vietnamese influence...but misses the mark (and my spouse is Vietnamese...so have some good standard of measure). And, in the end, just not a high quality food experience.

Wine flight we ordered was very ordinary.

Our first time to Ann Arbor...wish we had chosen a better option.

RestaurantManager13, Manager at Vinology, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you for reporting your experience as this greatly helps us target any problems and improve our service. Since we received your email, we have interviewed all parties involved and taken necessary action to insure that this situation does not happen again. While we are glad that a manager noticed some service issues, we are unhappy that the server was reprimanded on the floor and we have addressed this as well. We take such complaints very seriously and do our best to execute the best food, service, and dining experience possible for our guests. We hope that you will consider joining us again as we feel that your previous experience was an isolated incident and does not reflect the service level that we strive to deliver at Vinology. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I'll admit I'm always a little intimated by unquiet menus and Vinology was no exception. With the help of the waiter I ended up opting for a trout entree. It was simply the best meal I have ever eaten. While the menu is constantly changing I can not wait to go back and try something new. It is the restaurant I recommend to everyone that is coming to Ann Arbor.

Also, being a wine bar the wine list is extensive.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We made a reservation at Vinology for last Saturday, May 4th, not realizing it was graduation day for U of M. We got to the restaurant early (6:30 PM), knowing we would have to sit at the bar. We sat at the bar, and were promptly greeted and offered menus. The wine list is extensive, and they offer several wine flights. I asked the bartender's opinion, and the wine flight he recommended was excellent. We ordered the cheese plate, and it was a fabulous surprise. The plate contained such delights as wine poached plums (yummy), camembert in puff pastry, poached apricots with gorgonzola, and waffles with brie, honey, and walnuts. We enjoyed our time at the bar so much, particularly talking with the bartender, Brandon,that we opted to cancel our reservation and eat at the bar. Given all the graduation parties in the restaurant, the bar was one of the best places to sit and be able to carry on a conversation.

I ordered the sirloin with a potato, chorizo, and manchego torta, and my husband had the duck pastrami. The duck was highly recommended, and again, the bartender was spot on. It was a most unique dish. The sirloin was excellent, and an unusual pairing with the torta, but one that worked very well.

This was our first time at Vinology, and we've already told 4 friends about how great our experience was. Brandon was an excellent ambassador for the restaurant, knowledgeable, attentive, and welcoming. We can't wait to go back!

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Vinology does small plates as well as full size portions.The menu is unique and delicious. The restaurant had a good vibe, good food and great service. It is conveniently located on Main St. I would go back for sure!