“One of the best in the city”
Review of Vinology

Reserve with OpenTable
Vinology is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 616 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Street between Washington and Huron
Transit: Close to local bus routes, Greyhound and Amtrak in downtown Ann Arbor.
Description: Vinology was created to be your everyday wine bar. Over the years our family has enjoyed sharing wine, food, and spirits through our love of experimentation and education. From our experience we created a place for you to enrich your life with a menu and atmosphere that fits every style, taste, and budget. With over 100 wines served by the bottle and 50 by the glass from around the world, we're sure you'll find more than a few gems to adore. Enjoy our wine flights, focused food and wine pairings, Specialty Drink menu, classes, relaxed conversation and more. At Vinology, kick back, relax, experiment, and have fun while you educate your palate and savor the offerings. Let us bring the charm of wine and much more into your life. The Jonna Family Eat. Drink. Shop
Reviewed November 1, 2012

They have an everchanging menu featuring delicious and beautifully prepared food a very reasonable prices. I like that you can opt for small plates too. Liquid Nitrogen milkshakes in the summer are a special treat not to be missed.

1  Thank Jason D

Reviewed October 23, 2012

We visited at lunch, though the dinner menu looks very appealing. The interior has a warm, cozy feel. We enjoyed and shared a couple of burgers, the fontina cheese & onion jam and the gruyere cheese & sauteed mushrooms were both very good. I enjoyed the nice crust on the outside of the burger which was perfectly cooked. They were accompanied by either skinny fries or a petite fresh salad. The service was good up until we were ready to leave--at that point, we waited nearly ten minutes and had to ask someone to find our server.

2  Thank Veronica S
Reviewed October 17, 2012

On my last visit I went with every recommendation the server made and had the best experience ever at Vinology. Perfect wine and meal pairing. Amazing dinner as per recommended. The menu items sound bizarre to me, yet I have never not liked a dish! They earn major points for creativity, class, and flavor!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Ok...so if you go for dinner or happy hour....yes it is noisy...tin ceilings and a bustling atmosphere. However, the booths are quieter, and more intimate. The wine list is superb w many many, did I say MANY selections by the glass. If I have 1 absolute recommendation...get the appetizer cheese plate. You will not regret it...it's pricey at $18 (if I am recalling correctly) but well worth it. We shared between 2 couples w wine...also ordered 2 additional starters ( a bit too much to be honest). Dinner plate cn be ordered as 1/2 plates or full...the cheese appetizer plus a 1/2 plate entry is plenty. Truly enjoyable food and wine. I would come back for a glass of wine and a shared cheese starter for sure. Just delicious!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

My wife, son and I ate here recently on a trip to Ann Arbor, and it was a wonderful dining experience. Nice ambience, comfortable and classy without being pretentious, friendly and helpful service, great wine, and truly wonderful food. Plus they offer half orders on all their entrees, so when I asked our waiter which of two dishes he would recommend, he said "Why not get both?". I did, and both were great, although the coffee-rubbed bison was easily my favorite.