“Best Restaurant!!!”
Review of Vinology

Vinology
Reserve with OpenTable
Vinology is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 610 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Street between Washington and Huron
Transit: Close to local bus routes, Greyhound and Amtrak in downtown Ann Arbor.
Description: Vinology was created to be your everyday wine bar. Over the years our family has enjoyed sharing wine, food, and spirits through our love of experimentation and education. From our experience we created a place for you to enrich your life with a menu and atmosphere that fits every style, taste, and budget. With over 100 wines served by the bottle and 50 by the glass from around the world, we're sure you'll find more than a few gems to adore. Enjoy our wine flights, focused food and wine pairings, Specialty Drink menu, classes, relaxed conversation and more. At Vinology, kick back, relax, experiment, and have fun while you educate your palate and savor the offerings. Let us bring the charm of wine and much more into your life. The Jonna Family Eat. Drink. Shop
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Vinology is a GREAT dinning experience!! From the wine tasting events to the speciality options in the menu and NOT to forget the MOUTH WATERING DESSERTS !!! Chef Jim is a genuis in the kitchen. I highly recommed it to all my friends, co-workers and even my patients who want something different or new. The presentation alone is worth the trip. The wine selection is the BEST I've seen any where. The owners of the restruant are always availble for a recomendations of wine, food selections, and making sure your experience was GREAT. VINOLOGY Is by far my favorite restraunt in the Detroit/Ann Arbor area and I recommend it to everyone!! ENJOY

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Vinology is one of the few places in the Detroit-Ann Arbor area that are trying new things. If you are looking for salmon, a potato, and vegetable medley, you're probably better off going some place else. However, if you are able to open your mind you will find food that is exquisite, well prepared and beautiful - both to the eye and palate. The chef uses food preparation techniques and flavors from all over the world and applies them to locally sourced ingredients - creating something new and exciting. I love coming here for dinner and recommend that you do the same.

1  Thank Collin D
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Since Vinology opened, I have attended several tastings, happy hours and meals. The place is often packed so the owners definitely know how to market their product - kudos to them. Having said that, Vinology sells an "experience" and how good the food is depends on the degree to which you buy in to the packaging. For me, I'd rather avoid the places that plate their food in molds and use squeeze bottles for a neighborhood joint that focuses more on the quality of their product than the ambiance.

1  Thank anditos
Reviewed July 20, 2012

To all our guests, thank you for providing your feedback about Vinology. We read these reviews regularly to continuously improve our service, food and wine offerings. Please feel free to contact us directly anytime. info@vinowinebars.net

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Vinology has been on Main Street, just north of the main action for a while now, and our visits have been primarily to visit the wine bar. This is an excellent reason to visit. They have a great selection of wine, with interesting rotating features and great "flights" to try a few in a theme. They rate their wines to help you decide what you are looking for using words like Big, Earthy, Luscious.
We recently went there for dinner on a Saturday evening and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The decor includes an exposed red brick wall with a tin ceiling, so this is not a place for a quiet visit. Most of the tables, outside the bar, are booths so it was not hard to have a conversation with my wife across from me, and the ambient noise made it so we were not listening to other conversations. The wait staff are all dressed in black and look to be mostly university students. They are attentive, and efficient. Kateleyn served us. The host staff are dressed in suits or dresses and look quite formal. Jim, the chef, was walking around to see how the customers were reacting to the new summer menu and he was quite a contrast to the others. Much less formal, sporting a ball cap and tennis shoes but adding an eclectic touch to the formal atmosphere of the rest of the staff.
We had the Dr. Pepper Tofu as an appetizer and really enjoyed it. For our main courses we opted for the smaller plates and found them to be just the right size (beef and tuna). The food was presented beautifully, well prepared and delicious. I need to avoid dairy products, so when Kateleyn consulted with Jim and came back to tell us the chef would be happy to concoct something that would suit for dessert we chose to go ahead. Again it was a very satisfying dish.
We will still go to Vinology for the wine, but now we will consider staying for dinner more often. We had a half carafe of the Detroit Sparkling wine with the appetizer, 2 of the featured Italian flights, and coffee with dessert and the total bill was right on $100. Not at all bad for Ann Arbor.