“Authentic Taiwanese/Southen Chinese food.”
Review of Asian Legend

Asian Legend
Ranked #397 of 621 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: Taiwanese
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I got homesick when I was having the food there. Eventually I found somewhere I could have some food I had before. Good atmosphere and awesomely authentic flavor !

1  Thank Zhichu R

Reviewed March 24, 2012

We had dinner at Asian Legend in mid-March while in Ann Arbor to visit U of M. We were directed there by a friend who had attending Michigan and said, "Asian Legend is where all the Chinese students go to eat."

True to form, the night our part of four was there, we were the only non-Chinese diners.

The menu is huge with a variety of selections for both carnivores and vegetarians.

We sampled four dishes, each of which were excellent. My personal favorite was the Crispy Duck, one fo the best renditions I've enjoyed outside of San Francisco. We also very much enjoyed the General Tsao's Chicken.

The service was excellent and our waitress very friendly and helpful. We also appreciated the pacing of the meal; each of our four dishes came out separately, which made sharing even better because everything was served and consumed while fresh from the wok.

The prices were very reasonable; no dish was more than $10.

The restaurant is very small and the furnishings sparse, but the food and the service make this a real winner.

1  Thank GoldenBear_Husker
Reviewed September 28, 2011

I am a Taiwanese and the food there are very close what I ate in Taiwan. The food is flavorful but a little salty for certain kind of food. They only have a big table for big group but I heard that they are going to rent a bigger space and put more big tables for large group.

1  Thank kelly_lin
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I come here at least once a month. Personally, I would recommend the Fried Cruller w/ Shrimp, Chinese Watercress w/ Shrimp Paste Sauce (make it extra spicy), Chow Fun w/ Egg Sauce, Fried Chicken Over Rice, Wuxi Ribs, Crispy Fish Fillet w/ Ginger & Onion and Chicken w/ Basil. The place is pretty small and often crowded during peak meal times, so reserve ahead of time if you're going with a large group. That being said, the restaurant is expanding soon and I look forward to dining in a more comfortably spacious setting.

1  Thank teohwp85
Reviewed July 25, 2011

I will go to other places for very spicy dishes, and other exotic items, but for every day, traditional Chinese food as well as Taiwanese specialties, this is my go-to place. The quality is consistently excellent, the service responsive and the atmosphere casual and friendly. Make sure to ask for the paper menu for the traditional Chinese dishes. The regular menu has only American Chinese food.