Days Inn Alpena
$120
$84
$72
Best Western Of Alpena(Alpena)(Great Value!)
$80
Big Bear Lodge(Alpena)(Great Value!)
$74
Thunder Bay Resort(Hillman)(Great Value!)
$99
Driftwood Motel(Rogers City)(Great Value!)
$123
All reviewsroll in showerwaffleshard boiled eggscontinental breakfastmusty smellthe room was nicestaff was very friendlyclean roomsfamily membersalpena areaa great place to staywould stay here againking roompool and hot tubeasy accesssecond floorpenny
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Upon arrival, we asked if we could move our room to be with the other wedding guests that were staying in the same hotel which were family members. The hotel clerk said "no". Not "I'm sorry, this is a busy weekend" or "let me see what I can do". Meanwhile a big great dane dog was behind the counter with his front paws on the counter, which appeared to be the front clerks dog that she brings to work. Good thing I don't have allergies.

The pool was horrible. There was no ventilation and was really the strongest smell of chlorine I have ever encountered. My kids were swimming at 10AM on a Sat morning and there were no pool towels to be had. I mentioned it to a housekeeper, who looked down at her paperwork and then said she would bring them when she had time.

I suppose for the area it's what you are going to get, and there aren't many choices in the area so they aren't going to go out of their way. (just my opinion).

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has an outside room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank H R
Reviewed June 22, 2013

This is the best place to stay very clean / helpfull it was sad for us my brother was in the hosp/ dying everything was great

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family