All reviews best westerns biscuits and gravy room was clean waffles hot tub parking lot small room up to date home away from home would recommend this hotel to anyone breakfast bar reasonable rates a great stay enjoyed our stay across the street stay there again very nice hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

We found our room very clean, quiet and comfortable. Unless you’re going to practice your ballroom dancing skills, the room, although a bit small, was plenty big for our medium to large size bodies. Lighting was fine and our luggage had plenty of room on the floor (where luggage belongs). The bathroom counter was a bit small but my wife doesn’t need a huge counter for a plethora of supplies to paint a face on and backcomb her hair for an hour, so it was plenty sufficient for us. The comment about the wallpaper hanging was only in the breakfast area. The breakfast was the typical free breakfast fare and guess in their review they were hoping for steak and eggs with a side of caviar. The beds slept perfect and our air conditioning worked great. Our overall impression is, Dilly Dilly great flat. So great we decided to stay another night and will remember it for next time. (Although with any luck at my wife’s interview today, we will be living in Alpena). PS front desk Wendy was very friendly and helpful. I can only imagine that duckiebell is a troll from the Holiday Inn down the road, or an over privledged child that had a bad day.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
BWAlpenaServiceRep, Owner at Best Western Of Alpena, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2018

Thank you so much for the wonderful review on TripAdvisor! Our guests are the best part for all of my employees and myself. We appreciate your business and absolutely look forward to accommodating you now and in the future. THANK YOU!

Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

We would recommend this place. it was clean and very nice people we missed breakfast and they still gave us bagels and coffee it was very kind of them . We met the owner Nancy very nice lady and the front desk lady Wendy was great . It is a pet friendly hotel for dogs and it still was very clean with no smell great job guys at the best Western Alpena it was very clean

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
BWAlpenaServiceRep, Owner at Best Western Of Alpena, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2018

Thank you so much for writing a review on TripAdvisor. We really appreciate your kind remarks and look forward to maybe seeing you in the future. Again, THANK YOU!

Reviewed July 26, 2018

I was never so dissapointed in a hotel as I was with this one! I had read the reviews and though it would be okay but upon arrival our kind room was small, very dimly lit, and the deor was so old, probably the original decor from when it was built. There was no space to sit bags and such. A very small table. The bathroom area was even worse. The sink was a corner sink which had no counter space for toiletries.
Breakfast was even more of a disaster! The room looked like it was in the midst of a renovation with wallpaper half ripped off. No air conditioning but a fan blowing from the wall. I added creamer to my coffee and it suddenly looked like sludge. No way was I drinking it. Not sure if it was the coffee or the creamer that was bad. The food was basic and boring and had me worried that this was also bad and had not been handled properly. I also had to go to the front desk to ask for a towel to wash my hair because they were skimping on the towels. There is a new Holiday Inn in Alpena that I wish I had booked instead.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations. What I can't understand is if you were so disappointed in the size of the room when you first arrived why did you not come up to the front desk and tell us that you did not want to stay with us? We would have gladly let you leave and would not have charged you anything. I apologize for the way the lobby and breakfast room looks, we are under renovation and these areas are about 25% done. Again, we are sorry that we did not meet your expectations.

Reviewed July 24, 2018

Property is clean. New decor in rooms. Check in fast and friendly. Rooms clean and comfortable. Check out another fast moment. Have stayed at other hotels in the Alpena area and this one beats them hands down.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWAlpenaServiceRep, Owner at Best Western Of Alpena, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2018

Thank you very much for writing a review of our property on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your excellent compliments. My staff enjoy having guests that interact with them. It makes their jobs very rewarding. We look forward to seeing you in the future. Again, THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

I can not say enough good about this hotel , the staff was friendly and knowledgeable of the surrounding area . We exchanged our towels 2 times every day , need extra soap , cups and toilet paper and there was never an attitude because the 4 of us were needy. Way to go Best Western Alpena , we will be back !!

Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you so much for going on Trip Advisor to write a review of our motel. It is guests like you that make our jobs very rewarding and enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you and your grandchildren in the future. THANK YOU!