“English pub feel with great fish and chips”

The Black Sheep Pub
Ranked #14 of 78 Restaurants in Alpena
Cuisines: American
Washington, Utah
“English pub feel with great fish and chips”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

This pub is an English style establishment with friendly service and Michigan brews on tap. My husband and I had the fish and chips and both enjoyed our meals. The coleslaw that came with our meal was some of the best I have ever had. We would definitely visit again the next time we are in Alpena

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank AJUC

Lansing, Michigan
“Great little pub ”
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

my sister in law's maid of honor brought us here to celebrate after her bridal shower. It was an unexpected treat! Live music (which was actually really good!) good Michigan brews and a charming atmosphere. I also liked that the other patrons were of varying ages...from young twenty something's to people in their 60's...all enjoying music & drinks. I was really impressed :)

Milan, Michigan
“Pub food”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Went to the Black Sheep hoping for something different. Finding quality food in Alpena can be a challenge. We arrived after 7pm and were told we couldn't order off the menu, only apps were available. This meant only deep fried food. While they offered some choices that were interesting, making a meal out of greasy food left us feeling sorry we made the choice.

• Visited October 2013
“Nice little bar in downtown Alpena”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I enjoyed the atmosphere of this little pub in Alpena. I didn't have anything to eat so I cannot comment on the food, however I did see that they offered up some eats too if you're interested.

The pub is somewhat small but I actually sort of liked that. it was an inviting place that was well decorated and the lighting was what you would expect for a pub. They have a good amount of different beer on tap. The beer I had was very nice and tasted fresh. The bartenders were also very pleasant.

This is a nice place to have a few drinks with friends. It's not a college bar with drunks running around everywhere and I enjoyed the low key atmosphere.

• Visited November 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Good place to chill!”
Reviewed October 9, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

A pretty good neighborhood pub to relax at and catch up with friends. Visit atleast 3-4 times a month.

Visited October 2013