“healthy great tasting food”
Review of The Fresh Palate

The Fresh Palate
Ranked #5 of 79 Restaurants in Alpena
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Excellent food quality, healthy and fresh ingredients. Wonderful atmosphere, with new outdoor seating

1  Thank Nancy S

Reviewed June 27, 2014

We were referred to this restaurant by a local (although, frankly, I'd already checked out the TripAdvisor reviews and decided it was worth checking out) and I can see why. Alpena deserves to be proud of the Fresh Palate. The name is an adequate description as while they offer a variety of burgers (including a range of veggie burgers that delighted the vegetarian in our group) they also offer more innovative fare. The issue won't be picking something that you like, but choosing which menu option to go for. They all looked good.

I had a great meal, with prompt, friendly service. I'd recommend going out of your way to eat here if you are passing through town. (Or make a side trip if you are nearby!)

3  Thank dtengineering
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Though a little hard to find, if you are looking for a delicious restaurant in Alpena's downtown, try The Fresh Palate. Located on N. 2d Avenue just across the hallway from the Thunder Bay Winery shop (and a few doors up from Scoops) The restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and now dinner. Tipped off by a neighbor, we stopped by for lunch. Yum. I had a seafood combo with lobster, shrimp and cab on a Panini. The friendly and energetic owner cheerfully supplied a sample as I weigh menu options. We will be back to try the very interesting dinner soon.

1  Thank Jane B
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

Passing through Alpena we decided to stop here for lunch based on other Trip Advisor reviews. We were not disappointed. Great seating with a lovely view of downtown, great service, a good selection of craft beer and excellent food. We would definitely recommend to anyone visiting Alpena to eat here.

1  Thank Tom M
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Chef Eric Peterson is a local favorite and is known for his unique wraps, paninis,and salads. My goal is to work my way through the entire menu as each item is truly one-of-a-kind. Alpena is proud of this gem of an eatery. You will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Katie E