“Fabulous” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Cellar - CLOSED

The Cellar
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

Eating at The Cellar is truly an event. The food is over the top. They have several wines and drinks to choose from and great homemade desserts. If you are looking for a special night out look no further.

USA
“Romantic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

Great place to take the Wife or significant other too. Fast good service and great tasting food. If weather is nice you can even eat on their deck over looking Thunderbay River.

Visited May 2012
Farmington Hills, Michigan
“A Hidden Gem in Alpena”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

We were taking a walk on our vacation when we happened to see The Cellar. It's tucked away in the basement of a building next to the river. They don't ope till 5pm, so we shopped for a while and came back when they opened. I'm so glad we did. The main dining room has windows all around so you can watch the boats on the river--if they are big enough, you can watch the drawbridge operate. The servers were pleasant, knowledgeable and discreet. We started with some of the best bruschetta I've ever had. Following this, beautifully presented salads. We both had ribs and they were falling off the bone delicious. I was a little thoughtful about pineapple coleslaw, but it was excellent.

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank Chammy13
Alpena, Michigan
“Best food in N.E. Michigan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

You will not find any better food or service. Relatives compare this to fine resturants in the Detriot Metro area.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank BarryN678
lachine
“Excellent Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

I met my mother for dinner here with my two young daughters which are 3 and 6. I was nervous at first because I wasn't sure if this was the right place for such young children. The server immediatley brought out a couple of drawing pads for the kids. They did have a childrens menu however my daughters split the ribs and they LOVED them! The Menu selection is nice and the food was fantastic! I had the Thai lettuce wraps for an appetizer which were awesome and the special which was curried duck. The duck was wonderful and the curry sauce was excellent. There's a nice view and the service was great. I will definately be back again!

• Visited April 2012