“A local favorite and we can see why!”

Courtyard Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 77 Restaurants in Alpena
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Restaurant serving made from scratch dishes. Fresh seafood, steaks, italian, pizza and burgers
Cleveland, Ohio
“A local favorite and we can see why!”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Our last night in Alpena deserved a special place and following trip advisor we located Courtyard. We asked a couple coming out if it was a good place and they simply raved about it.. They come here a few times a week and just happy to share their opinion. We were not disappointed a bit. My husband wanted a steak and was most pleased. He loved the bacon and sweet potato soup, and the garlic bread??? WONDERFUL! I tried locally caught fish on a cedar plank and it was so flaky and moist. I didn't use tartar sauce at all!! Good thing we didn't find this place the first night, else we may have only eaten here the whole time...
It offers a beautiful view of Thunder Bay, as well!

• Visited June 2013

Alpena, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Local Favorite”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

The Courtyard Restaurant offers great ambiance; it has the feel of an Old Europe courtyard with dim lighting. I like how the restaurant is partitioned into different areas so your dining experience has a private feel to it. The waitstaff has always been friendly and professional. The menu has a wide variety of entrees, and everything I have ever eaten here is well-prepared and flavorful. They have amazing desserts too; the tiramisu is literally my favorite dessert ever.

1 Thank Jess0621
Alexandria
“Great food, staff and atmosphere”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Have to write a great review of The Courtyard! We spent three days in Alpena and ate at the Courtyard everytime we went out. Christine and the staff know their menu very well because the food is really good. See you in the beginning of June!

Michigan
“Top notch dining and staff!”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We decided to eat here while on vacation in Oscoda, MI, after reading the reviews. We were greeted promptly and seated in their "courtyard" room, which we had all to ourselves for most of the meal. Our waitstaff were wonderful! Very attentive. Since it was "off season" in this area, the restaurant was out of two of the fish dishes we wanted, but the waitress offered grouper in place of the missing halibut. The substitution made no difference. The grouper was very fresh and the preparation was exquisite! It came with a potato risotto that was the best I've ever had! The bruschetta appetizer was wonderful, and the salad was fresh. I am picky about salad, and hate it when I am served wilted and/or brown-edged lettuce. This was fresh and very appetizing. After our dinner, I asked if I could let the chef know how much we enjoyed our dinner, and the waitress took me to the door of the kitchen. The chef came out and we had a sort chat. He was very pleasant, and appreciative. I have absolutely NOTHING bad to say about our visit here. Awesome!

Alpena
“World Class Food & Pizza”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Has been one of my favs for 20 yrs, when it comes to food that will delight the palate there is a reason they are rated the #1 Resturant in Alpena.

• Visited May 2012

Been to Courtyard Restaurant? Share your experiences!