“Back For Fourth Time”
Review of Dew Drop Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Alpena
Dew Drop Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Alpena B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 17, 2012

A very nice mom and pop. Very clean. Extra large room for just $54. Big chain down the street is about double that. DirecTV and wired and wireless Wi-Fi are excellent. Three minutes from downtown Alpena with several good places for meals and drinks. As I mention in the title, this was our fourth stay at the Dew Drop Inn. We highly recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank oldpuck

Reviewed September 5, 2012

The room was very clean and easy to find. I am only giving it a four in rating as the bed was a bit too firm for us (mattress was old, my husband thinks). We got the queen bed unit and it cost us $50 plus tax.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank peacebw
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I remember traveling with my parents in the 50s and stopping at a little motel along the way. The price is very reasonable and you get what you pay for. The internet access is excellent. This was a nice surprise for us as they had satellite tv and we were able to get our local news report back home. There is a coffee maker in the room. We stopped at a little diner about 15 minutes down the road for breakfast. The owner was welcoming and the room was spotless. Although it is situation just off a busy highway, we never heard a thing. Great place and great price.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for the AAA and/or AARP. Terrific bargain all the way around!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sandy0106
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We are so glad we chose this old style motel over the chains. Our room and the other couple we were with had unbelieveably clean. Bedding and towels smelled so fresh. There isn't a continental breakfast but we sure didn't miss it either. Wish there were more places like this.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TravelingYoopers
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I had to overnight in Alpena, MI and the hotels were outrageous in there pricing. I found this little motel just north of downtown. I was pleasantly surprised to find the rate for a single room was only $45.00 the room was vewry clean and cozy. The owners were very nice and accomadating. The motel is AAA approved as well.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Troylt
Reviewed November 6, 2011

The large chain hotels in Alpena are not top notch and generally way overpriced. Have stayed at the Dew Drop Inn about seven times over the last 12 years and have never been disappointed. This is a very basic, no frills, old style, family run Mom and Pop motel that is extremely clean with courteous service and comparitively inexpensive. Quite location at the northern edge of the city limits, so a bit removed from the downtown area, but a great value for your money.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
9  Thank GreatLakesMariner
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Pro: Reasonable rates, AAA discount, VERY clean, very quiet (with the doors and windows shut)

Con: Strange placement of A/C and light switch, cinder block walls feel institutional, SMALL shower that one needs to beware of abrupt temperature changes due to human error.

I stayed in a full-size bed room. The room smelled clean when I entered, and I wasn't disappointed. The room was very clean, no stains, no dust.

The ceilings are a cherry stained planking, and the walls are... white painted cinder block. Interesting- but then I guess it is great for keeping sound out of your room. Maybe this is what hindered other people's internet service here.

The bathroom is small, and this is where the A/C wall unit is. Since it was nice outside, I wanted to open the window to get a nice cross breeze, but there was no screen. Oh well. I took a shower in the smallest shower I have ever seen. I think I have seen bigger caskets. And the dark blue shower curtain didn't help the feeling, since there is no light in the shower. Another problem in the shower- the adjustment handle. When I backed up in the shower (the faucet is pretty low if you're tall) I accidentally hit it to one side. Scalded. One minute of freezing trying to adjust it... then halfway through rinsing my hair, bumped it again and froze. Good times...

Another interesting feature is there is no bedside lamp or nightstand, but there is a lamp above the bed. The light switch is in the middle of the wall at the head of the bed. Like 2 inches above the pillows. As I type this, I have accidentally bumped it twice, turning off the light. I hope I don't bump it in the middle of the night, turning it on.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
10  Thank Aimee W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alpena
Ramada Alpena
#1 of 3 in Alpena
Thunder Bay Resort
Thunder Bay Resort
#1 of 1 in Hillman

Been to Dew Drop Inn? Share your experiences!