“Lovely place”
Review of Beaver Lake

Ranked #17 of 36 things to do in Alpena
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I love Beaver Lake,,the park bathrooms are always clean.Its always clean and well kept,,they give children rides in the evening when you go camping.I recommend Beaver Lake Park.

4  Thank Robin C

Reviewed January 6, 2012

I own a cottage on Beaver Lake... and I hesitate to recommend Beaver Lake because I wish I had this whole beautiful lake to myself! As another review said, Beaver Lake is extremely clean and clear. I kayak around the lake frequently and on calm days it's not uncommon to see down 20 or more feet to view big bass or turtles swimming by. Another testament to it's cleanliness are the loon families that inhabit the edges. It's haunting to hear them calling at night and during the dawn/dusk hours before the boats and skiers get louder. It's also common to see deer drinking in the reeds or bald eagles swooping to grab a fish. You don't see this in an overcrowded lake with pollution!

There is public access at a County Park on the southeast side of the lake. All other areas are privately owned... and generally by people who respect the lake and each other for the enjoyment of all! Not sure if there are fees for the launch or not, but it's a nice park and quite popular.

3  Thank vwp11
Reviewed June 23, 2008

I have been going to Beaver Lake since I was a little girl. It is so clear that you can see the sand on the bottom in the middle of the lake! There are a lot of clams, so kids will have a great time looking for them! The only thing to keep in mind is swimmer's itch season...

5  Thank carolyn529

Been to Beaver Lake? Share your experiences!