“UNIQUE, HIGH-QUALITY In-House Meats & Goodies”

Country Smoke House
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Almont
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

Driven here by gourmand daughter and son-in-law to pick up this years SMOKED turkey. I was skeptical ... smoked .. really .. WHY? And a 90-minute drive thru lovely near-thumb area flatlands of Michigan on a grey day? After taking my photo of the hilarious MooseMobile out front I went inside & was won over by huge variety of unique spices, sauces, and house-produced smoked meats, kielbasa, elk-cherry salami, scotch-eggs!!, smoked fish/whitefish spread and breads etc. This is worth the drive to taste, sample, buy, and support a terrific Made in Michigan business. In fact, now that Ive been there I can point the finger and say "if you haven't been there, you are crazy!"

1  Thank JAT51

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We frequently buy our meats from here, but this weekend was the first time we had their BBQ. Holy smokes!!! It was delicious. I am a Southerner and I love my BBQ, so I was a bit skeptical til I took my first bite...then I was in love. Tender, tasty, and not dried out! Even Memphis should take note of this. BBQ is only served on weekends so plan accordingly.

1  Thank JMJDeLisle
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We were pleased. Sauce is sweet but meat was shredded and Petty great. Service was fast past but friendly. They have an eat in dinner as well as an outdoor hut with tables & umbrellas. We did enjoy.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Wonderful, interesting store/butcher shop. The aroma alone is enough to make you drool. I really think a person could buy anything in that place and not go wrong and they have a bit of nearly every kind of smoked meat you can think of. The jerky is awesome...no, I mean really Awesome! Nothing is cheap in the Country Smokehouse but is all very very good. Now as far as the sandwiches go they are good too, not exceptional, but really pretty good. My wife had their best seller, the pulled pork sandwich, and I had what they call the Big Bertha which is brisket, bacon and cole slaw all piled on a nice firm bun...really good, but not exceptional. I would drive the 50 miles to go through the store again and try some more of the various kinds of jerky and sausage, etc. But I would not drive 50 miles just for their sandwiches. Give it a try, make your own decision, I'm glad I did.

1  Thank TR6