“Stay away!”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Alma
Traverse City, Michigan
“Stay away!”
Reviewed August 18, 2011

This hotel was awful! The hot tub had caution tape around it, the pool green slim on the walls, the carpeting was stained. The room overall disgusting. Breakfast all the food COVERED in fruit flies.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank bluefuzzy24

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Muskegon, Michigan
Reviewed April 12, 2011

My stay was terrible. My first hotel's pool was underconstruction so they allowed us to cancel are reservations with no charge and we proceeded in going here. At first I tried calling but no one would answer the phone so since we were right across the street we just stopped in instead. They were able to accomidate us but only gave us the option of two twin beds, nothing else...okay no big deal and the front desk guy was nice. Anyway we dropped our bags in our room and my fiance went to use the bathroom where multiple "body hairs" were still on the toilet seat. The shower head was full of mildew, our air conditioner was held in by a piece of two by four, the windows didn't even have the option of opening, there were water stains all over the ceiling, a big melted spot in the carpet where someone dropped the iron....This place was literally the walk in dark hallway, babies crying creepy....okay gross but whatever we can handle it........we changed into our swimsuits and ran down to the pool and "spa"...aka a hot tub...which was broken..mind you the pool has a giant rust stain running around the entire thing where the water line is, and no towels at all....so afterward we then went back upstairs and while rummaging through his suitcase my fiance found food wrappers and jelly beans on the floor next to the bedside...umm gross....The continetal breakfast consisted of a bunch of cereals ALL MIXED TOGETHER in one container, juice and coffee machines both broken. On my way home I realized I had left a very expensive bottle of conditioner in the shower and proceeded in calling to let them know I had left it and what room I was in. The lady was quite rude and said she would call back to let me know if they had it....never heard a word from her. I am a very laid back person and can deal with a lot of things. I'm not stuck up or picky, but this place was gross.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank motocrossgirly828

Travelers are raving about these Alma hotels

Minot, North Dakota
Reviewed October 28, 2010

We were from North Dakota there visiting in the area. We stayed for 6 nights. Our room was very dirty and in need of repairs and updating badly. The room still reeked with stale cig. smoke smell and it is hard on both me and my wife to breathe in those conditions. It was very noisy outside our door especially in early morning around 5:30- 6 a.m.. People talking loudly and laughing while banging things around. One complete whole day we spent with no water available to us. Early morning until after 7 p.m..in the evening we had no bathroom facilities. The room was completely useless to us with no water. When we checked out I asked that they compensate us for the day we were without services. I got a big run around that it was not within the clerks power to discount room rates and etc. Suggested that I come back later and discuss it with his supervisor. We were checking out to leave the motel, I'm coming back later to discuss it with his supervisor? Come on!! I then said I will just call the owner then. Oh, let me see here, I can give you a 1/2 day discount how would that be? We were in a hurry to get back on the road so of course we accepted it. Anyway we experienced a very bad stay as our room was never cleaned properly either compared to other motels. We will be finding our motel in Mt. Pleasant next trip. Unhappy Customer for sure!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rdwng
Michigan
Reviewed July 13, 2010

The hotel is cheap for a reason. The ceiling are falling down and the water drips inside the walls all night. When we requested to be moved we were told sorry--we can't do that. Would not recommend.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Colliesnbunnies
Michigan
Reviewed December 27, 2009

I was not reall sure about staying at the Comfort"able" Inn after reading some of the review. I needed to get a room the day after Christmas. I was looking all over for a room and the prices were insane. I called this hotel and they were $60 cheaper than any other place, furthering my skepticism. When I got there the staff was very friendly, my room was clean and everything was working in it. The pool and the hot tub area looked nice but we did not use this amenity. I would stay here again and will eat at the restaurant attached to the hotel.
If you are thinking about staying here don't expect a Hilton. You will get a nice room at a great price.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Travelguy4848
Northern New Jersey
Reviewed March 7, 2007

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights. During that time our room was never cleaned. We had to ask for clean towels 3 times before anyone responded. This was over a 2 hour period. The first time we called the desk we were told the rooms were being cleaned and someone would get to us. The second time we asked for clean towels we went to the front desk and were told that there weren't any clean towels. The third time we called the front desk and asked for clean towels someone was finally sent with towels. We had to hand over the dirty towels to the maid. She asked "If there was anything else she could get us" and we said that we could use another bar of soap. She turned on her heels and proceeded to go into another room where she produced a bar of soap. Now that got us to wondering exactly where my clean towels had come from!

We proceeded to get ready for the funeral and passed the maid on out way out. We thought that by time we came home that evening our room would have been made up, but nothing had been done to the room at all. We made the bed and cleaned the bathroom ourselves. And this was one of the pricier rooms.

Upon making the bed up ourselves we noticed that the mattress and box spring had orange/yellowish stains all over the sides.

The staff was rude and unaccommodating.

This was not the first time we stayed at this hotel. We had stayed there previously, but only for one night. This sure is the last time we will ever stay there. Our recommendation is to find someplace else in the area. There are alot nicer hotels.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — Room was not cleaned
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank LadyFromNJ
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 28, 2006

Our family stayed for 9 nights. We could have used an elevator to carry our many things to the second floor, & it would have been easier with the children. Our room was kept in very good condition by housekeeping. A+ for them. Weekend rates shot up nearly $20 per night. Considering we stayed the length of time we did, I disagree with this policy. Hallway downstairs was a little dank smelling. Overall, the stay was acceptable.

• Stayed June 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alma
Comfort Inn & Suites Hotel and Conference Center
Mt. Pleasant Inn & Suites
Mt. Pleasant Inn & Suites
#10 of 13 in Mount Pleasant
Courtyard Mt. Pleasant at Central Michigan University
Courtyard Mt. Pleasant at Centra...
#6 of 13 in Mount Pleasant
Hampton Inn Mt. Pleasant
Hampton Inn Mt. Pleasant
#2 of 13 in Mount Pleasant
Fairfield Inn & Suites Mt. Pleasant
Baymont Inn & Suites Mt. Pleasant

Been to Alma Comfortable Inn? Share your experiences!