“Half the food was dried out, the other half was just OK”
Review of China Buffet

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
China Buffet
Ranked #27 of 34 Restaurants in Alma
Cuisines: Chinese
Covington, KY
“Half the food was dried out, the other half was just OK”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I was looking for somewhere to eat that wasn't pizza or a fast-food chain and saw this restaurant near downtown. I all-of-a-sudden had a craving for hot & sour soup so I stopped in. They weren't busy (Thursday night). They had all the usual Chinese buffet items. I figured so many were dried out because they weren't that busy and felt it wasn't economical to replace food too often. They had the soup and it was decent. The white rice was dried out. The long beans were dried out. The fried shrimp was hard (i.e., dried out). There were some chicken dishes that had congealed. However, there were enough other items that I was able to make a meal. If you're flexible and like all kinds of Chinese then you will probably find something here as well. Especially as the price is right - only $7. The wait staff (who appeared to all be native Chinese) spent more time watching videos on their phones then they did attending diners. My aunt, who lives in Alma, tells me my experience is typical.

• Visited January 2013