“Nicely updated decor, clean, free Wifi, & inexpensive”
Review of Triangle Motel

Triangle Motel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Alma
GreenLeadersBronze level
Covington, KY
“Nicely updated decor, clean, free Wifi, & inexpensive”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I spent four nights here when I came up to the area to re-connect with relatives. Thanks to Tripadvisor reviews I think I chose the best place to stay. The motel is just off US127, about equal distance from the Alma and St Louis downtowns, and about 5 miles from Ithaca. The motel faces away from the road so there's a semblance of privacy. The bed was comfortable with a choice of soft or not-as-soft pillows, which you don't find in many places. There was a modern-style easy chair and ottoman facing a flat screen TV on the wall. There's also combo desk/dresser next to a mini-fridge and a microwave. The room isn't big but it's big enough. The bathroom is small but they, again, have done a great job updating the decor. The (original?) pink tile was integrated nicely with the wall colors and shower treatment. There is no bathtub. Heat is controlled by the office but I was told if it was cold they would "crank it up". I didn't get cold. In fact, I had to open the bathroom window a few times to let some heat out. The internet connection was excellent. I logged in once and got connected right away every time after that. There's no coffee maker but you'll get a coupon for a free coffee or fountain drink at the Citgo across the street. I just got some bottled Starbucks frappacinos to put in the fridge, then stopped at the Citgo to get coffee when I went out for the day. Other than at check-in I didn't have any contact with the motel owners or staff but every day when I got back to the room it was just as fresh as the first day. There are other motels in the area that are closer to restaurants but I'd rather stay at the Triangle again because they're so close to everything - and not all the good restaurants are near those other motels. I'll definitely stay here next time I come up to visit.

Room Tip: This is a small motel with only a few rooms. There's no difference in where any are located.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank CovingtonCat
MichellePs, Owner at Triangle Motel, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you so much for your review, as it was gracious and kind. We thank you also for being the first to mention your pillow options! Day in, day out, we strive to make our guest's stay comfortable...Hope to see you again.
Thanks again,
Michelle & Judy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Vermontville, Michigan
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The Triangle Motel is a small, American Owned & Operated establishment. It was very clean, had a small fridge, microwave & flat screen TV. If we are ever in the area again, we will definitely stay there. Very nice owners!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank songsinger1
MichellePs, Owner at Triangle Motel, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
We thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your review! We hope to see you again.
Charlestown, Indiana
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Whenever we are in town visiting my parents (in Ithaca), my husband and I always stay at the Triangle Motel. I have never stayed in a cleaner motel anywhere. The price is very reasonable. The motel is easily accessed as it is right off US-127. The carpet and bedding are stain-free and don't smell stuffy or musty. The mattresses and pillows are so comfortable and we sleep so well there. The bathroom may be small, but the HUGE shower and plenty of hot water make up for it! Free complimentary WI-FI in the rooms and free coffee at the Citgo station across the street. The gals that run the motel have accommodated us so well, even when we needed to check in after midnight. I always call and make reservations several weeks in advance, especially around the holidays, because I know the Triangle Motel is no longer a "hidden gem" and anyone who has stayed there before knows what a great experience it is and has told everyone else. At any given time, they are completely booked. I highly recommend any weary traveler or Alma regular to stay there. You'll never stay anywhere else again. Thank you for every great experience!
-The Kinders

Room Tip: Call ahead and make reservations. We have stayed a few different rooms, and all of them are high qua...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
MichellePs, Owner at Triangle Motel, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
What a nice way to start 2013, reading your review! Thank you so much for your kind words. We are always happy to have return guests and hope to continue to meet your expectations in the future.
Dearborn, Michigan
Reviewed December 17, 2012

The motel is SUPER clean!! Looks like everything is freshly painted. The bathroom is just fine for me (no tub...but there is a super spacious shower). The owners are on site, very accommodating. I was alone and I felt very safe. There is a bar and grill within walking distance (just down the gravel drive) and a gas station across the street (with complimentary beverage for motel guests). I've never stayed in a "motel" before...I've always been a hotel type of gal (you know the sort with an indoor pool??). I would definately stay at the Triangle is I find myself in the area again. Rates are super reasonable and free wi-fi!! Don't even get that at the premium hotels.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
MichellePs, Owner at Triangle Motel, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are glad to have won over hotel gal! Hope to see you if you are in our area again.
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I stayed one night while visiting a friend in the area. Super clean, great price!!! I was traveling alone and was a little nervous staying in a motel by myself. I felt safe and had a peaceful night sleep on a very comfortable bed. I will definitely be back soon!

• Stayed November 2012
MichellePs, Owner at Triangle Motel, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad you were comfortable and had a good night. I'm sorry, I didn't know you were travelling alone or I would have reassured you at check in that we have never had any problems and that we do have a security system that allows us to see everything that is happening on our property. We hope to see you next time you visit your friend.
Freeport, IL
Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

When Michelle answered the phone, she was almost out of breath. I asked, "Do you WORK here?"

She responded, "I OWN it.". I knew right then she puts a lot of herself into this motel.

In addition to the many fine qualities mentioned by other reviewers below, I am impressed by the following items: This solid brick motel has a totally refurbished interior. On a chilly autumn night, the heater kept us cozily warm. Under two soft comforters, we were nicely warm. We were so comfortable on this mattress, we did not feel like getting up in the morning. With 2 molded seats in the shower, it was nice indeed. The refrigerator froze our food at a setting of 5 or above. With about 2 blocks to the main north/south expressway, statewide access is convenient.

On day 6 of a week long stay, I heartily recommend the Triangle Inn. (Or do you call it the Triangle Motel?)

Jack

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Again, I apologize for the tardiness of our response. Thank you for taking the time to write your review, we really do appreciate it. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you next year on your fall color tour!
Rogers City, Michigan
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed at the Triangle Motel for one night to attend daughters Volleyball game in St. Louis. Excellent place to stay, we arrived late and everything was ready when we arrived. The room was great, clean, and well maintained, Flat Screen TV, Fridge, Small Microwave. Had coffee coupons for free coffee across the street in the morning. Overall a great place to stay, would go back in a minute.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind review. We are glad to hear your stay was a good one. Hope to see you in the future.
Michelle & Judy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alma
Mt. Pleasant Inn & Suites
Mt. Pleasant Inn & Suites
#10 of 13 in Mount Pleasant
Comfort Inn & Suites Hotel and Conference Center
Courtyard Mt. Pleasant at Central Michigan University
Courtyard Mt. Pleasant at Centra...
#4 of 13 in Mount Pleasant
Hampton Inn Mt. Pleasant
Hampton Inn Mt. Pleasant
#2 of 13 in Mount Pleasant
Soaring Eagle Waterpark and Hotel
Baymont Inn & Suites Mt. Pleasant

Been to Triangle Motel? Share your experiences!