“I had a great experiece...”

Prospector's Paradise
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Allouez
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I was driving from Iron Mountain to Copper Harbor and saw this weird mineral store. I stopped and inside was an old yooper. The store was awesome and is a must visit. There are fossils and stones from all over the world. If your going to buy something buy some upper peninsula minerals.

6  Thank LaPequenaColombia

Reviewed February 2, 2012

I was on a trip to the upper peinisula, I collect fossilis and saw this store to stop and see what they had, the sotre is huge. Lots of rocks not so many fossils. The owner Alex was there and I asked him what he had as far as fossils go. He finally showed me something that caught my interest. He explained that they were patypus feet. Should have know something was wrong there. 2 examples and $100 later I left, thinking I had something rare. Once I returned home I sent a picture to the university of Florida (the state he said these were from) And they pompty replied telling me these were sections of mammoth tooth. Having a tooth myself I looked at the sections alex sold me and realized I had been duped! These sections are partial tooth that is for the most part valueless. I called Alex and told him what I found and he assured me he would send me something to make up for the mistake. I have emailed his site since to no avail. I think he knew all along what he was doing and is nothing but a common theif, AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!

17  Thank ed h