Sleep Inn , Inn & Suites
$179
$193
Residence Inn
$72
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We called over a month ago to make our reservation so we could go to a family members wedding at grand valley. I called the day before to confirm our reservation and they had somehow lost it. I had to wait over 3 hours so a manager who barely spoke English to call me back. Even though they had all my information AND I had the confirmation number the manager kept saying that it was my mistake and I should call another hotel. There was nothing he could do and he wa sorry, thank you, good bye. He kept saying that over and over until I asked for another manager and he said he owned the place and that it wasn't his problem that I had made a mistake. He had other customers who planned ahead and made reservations that's why they have rooms. I am so upset about this still! We had to scramble around last minute on our way to the wedding to get a hotel nearby for a higher price. The girl at the front desk at the new hotel told us that a lot of people stay here because Sleep Inn "loses" their reservations last minute. I would NOT recommend dealing with Sleep Inn and I hope the owner goes out of business.

• Stayed: July 2013
7  Thank Laurenleeb
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My room was spacious and clean w a comfortable bed. Ask for a north facing room so you have a view of the countryside instead of the parking lot and highway. The staff was polite. The common areas were tidy. There was lots of parking. The drive to the airport was reasonable, as was the room price.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank traveling_foodie1
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Because i stay at a Choice Hotel property nearly every weekend for work, I think I am somewhat qualified to be in judgement of this property.

Over the years i have come to the understanding that the entire reason a hotel is in business is to rent rooms. Hopefully a lot of them in order to make money and run the property properly.

Having stated that, someone needs to explain why this property could not function properly and the overall excuse was, "I"m so sorry but we are sold out so that is why . . .

we have no milk at breakfast ( you didn't know you weer sold out 4 weeks ago to plan supplies?)

not enough clean linens

not a single fresh healthy item on the breakfast menu, no fruit or yogurt

NO HOT WATER at 8 AM every morning because if more than 20% of the guests are showering, the rest are out of luck.

We stayed for a total of 3 nights and were confounded that for the VERY high price of over $90 -$100 a room, say compared to a Comfort Inn in Indianapolis for $65 a night that had a fresh breakfast, how they can justify the 'choice' brand name.

Oh, and the ants in the bathroom weren't happy either.

Never again

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank geoandsusan
Reviewed May 5, 2013

At midnight some enormously loud machine kicked on transforming my room into the interior of a passenger get. When management was informed I was told there was nothing that could be done. The next morning when approached about compensation for the miserable noise all night, the worker behind the counter "didn't know how to apply a discount" and her supervisor was "not answering". Horribly run hotel would not reccomend staying there.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank Sleepinnsuxz
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed here overnight for a campus tour at GVSU. The hotel is clean but smells just like chlorine throughout from the pool (I guess). The beds were comfortable for me. It's conveniently located near the campus and other businesses.The staff was very friendly and kind. Nice variety of food for contential breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business