“Best place in town for a birthday party”

Best Western Greenfield Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Allen Park
Reviewed August 3, 2009

We staged a 95th birthday party for my mother in law, bringing in family from Oregon, California, New Jersey, Washington and Ohio. We set aside a block of rooms and were given a very nice room rate. The Greenfield Inn provided the Cadillac Room for our party, and we purchased the food from their kitchens. The meeting room was excellent in every way, the food was lavish (more than we expected) and the service was outstanding. We arranged everything from California through Mary Liz and Heather, and they made it easy.

We are so very glad we chose the Greenfield Inn!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank rwwaugh
There are newer reviews for Best Western Greenfield Inn

Reviewed August 2, 2009

I must admit, when I first arrived at this hotel, I was a bit nervous, because the outside of it was pink, and it looked weird. However, when I finally look back on the whole experience, it really was great. The hotel room was clean, bigger than I expected and the bed was comfortable. Plus the temperature was nice and cool and the room was ready for me at 11:00am when I arrived. The service was good too-both at the hotel and the gentlemen who picked me up at the airport and took me to the hotel (which was a nice service to have). On top of that, the hotel was bigger than it looked (from first glance) and they had a nice pool and fitness room. The fitness room was a little small and I had some trouble figuring out some of the equipment, but nonetheless, it was good. In addition, I even had the pleasant surprise of having a black/white tv in my bathroom (which was interesting) and having two keycards that had the Jonas Brothers on them (lol). Of course, a great benefit of the hotel was the fact that had computers with internet for me to use, which definitely came in handy.
Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel. The only disadvantages you might find is that you can tend to get a little lost in it if you're not careful, because it is bigger than you think, it does have a pink exterior, and, there's really not too much close by (although it's just a car ride away from places). Considering that it wasn't an expensive hotel, I would check it out-it didn't seem too crowded when I was there, which meant it was pretty quiet most of the time.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank ktschact
Reviewed July 4, 2009

This is an excellent hotel. We purchased the Couples Escape to Yesteryear package which included one night's stay, tickets to the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village and full breakfast, We found the package to be an excellent value. The hotel was quite eay to find and in a decent area. Driving to the Musuem was a breeze. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful with all our questions.
The only disappoinment (and it was very minor) was a broken Nautilus machine in the fitness room. We ate at O'Henry's restaurant for both dinner and breakfast. The food was very good and we'd recommend it as well.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hbsailor72
Reviewed June 16, 2009

we visited greenfield village on sunday and needed a place to stay overnite,so we could visit the musuem the next day. I was shopping cost and got the rate of 89.00, and free breakfeast for two the next morning. The room was ok maybe alittle dirty, noticed blackout drapes needed to be drycleaned,and the beds alot old (but ok) didn't sink into the middle or anything. The pool area was really nice tho,the hallways were clean and front desk area was nice and tidy. The free breakfeast was great and the watriess was the nicest lady. Will stay again, but will ask about the beds. Maybe its time to put some money in your beds ,then this would be the very best hotel.

1  Thank gammie75
Reviewed June 14, 2009

My sister and I have seen the hotel from the highway on our way to Greenfield Village and always thought it would be fun to stay here. We stayed there in April and had a wonderful stay. It is close to downtown Detroit and Greenfield Village. The room was clean and very comfortable. The beds were extremely comfortable. The free Internet worked well. The best part for us though was the indoor pool and spa. The staff was very friendly and helpful. When we were checking in, there were some other guests checking in that were being very rude and difficult. The staff was professional and courteous and tried to accommodate the customer's requests. My sister and I were both impressed with the professionalism. We left a comment for them as we were leaving and they personally responded to the comments in a letter and discussed some of our suggestions at a team meeting. I like that the fact that they take customer comments seriously. This is a wonderful place to stay. We will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Yzerbear19
Reviewed June 10, 2009

My husband and I stayed at this hotel. It was the best hotel i stayed at so far on any of my vacations trips. Eveything I read was true. They have bed/bath beyond bath supplies in the bathroom. They also have homemade cookies at the front desk. They have 6 pillows on your bed and they have the most comfortable beds. Very clean. The pool is very nice with a sauna. It was big enough that i went swimming with my husband the one night. Very smooth transaction; no problems checking in or checking out. Plus i puchase a vacation package so we ate at their restaruant there which they provided buffet style breakfast. Will definilty return if we are in the area again.

1  Thank adam1017
Reviewed June 9, 2009

The location was great- right by the highway and by shopping and restaurants. Don't let the pinkness scare you away- it is nice and comfortable on the inside. The rooms are a good size and have Bath and Body Works products. The bed was soft and comfortable and had the perfect pillows. Will definitely stay again if in the area.

1  Thank jenc101
Hampton Inn by Hilton Detroit Dearborn
Red Roof Inn Detroit – Dearborn/Greenfield Village
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dearborn
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Detroit-Dearborn

Been to Best Western Greenfield Inn? Share your experiences!