Best Western Greenfield Inn
  • Pool
$90
TripAdvisor
$79
Comfort Inn Near Greenfield Village(Dearborn)(Great Value!)
$88
Hotels.com
$134
  • Breakfast included
$209
All reviewsthe henry ford museumpink palacepackage dealincluded ticketspool areahot tubattached restaurantbit dateddetroit areafree breakfasteasy accessshuttle servicegreat place to stayfree shuttleoff the highwayfitness centerstayed one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 10, 2013

The plan was to go to the Henry Ford & Rouge River factory tour and then do some other things the next day. This hotel turns out to be very easy to get to for out of towners and very close to the Henry Ford as well as shopping centers / restaurants though it doesn't immediately appear so. It is far enough out of Detroit that I didn't have any safety concerns for the family. Pool closes for kids at 9pm, so make sure you plan around that. Rooms are pretty neat really with Keurig coffee and all sorts of extra equipment.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Heather B, Front Office Manager at Best Western Greenfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Hello,

We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I hope you and your family take the time to come back again and experience Greenfield Village when it opens, it is a must see attraction in our area! Thank you again for the great review!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We booked rooms at this hotel for a two night getaway with friends. Online, it looks lovely, but when you pull up it is Pepto-Bismal pink and the parking lot in back is rather scary looking. However...once inside, it is beautiful! The lobby is very nice, the restaurant is also very nice and the rooms are terrific! We got adjoining rooms with our friends and all four of us were most impressed with the accommodations. We toured the Henry Ford Museum and this hotel is very convenient to both the museum and Greenfield Village. No problem getting downtown either.
The staff was friendly and helpful...we would stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the courtyard.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We have begun our spring clean up of the parking lot and the building. Repairs are being made to all of the entrances and soon we will be planting flowers. I hope you get the chance to come again this summer and see the outside when all of the flowers are in bloom around the building and in the courtyard. It makes a world of a difference!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I was brought back to Allen Park because of a medical emergency in my family. I had to find a hotel in a hurry after a 9 hour drive. SInce I was traveling alone it was important for me to find a safe, affordable hotel. The Greenfield Inn was only 2.5 miles from my mother's home so I took a chance and just drove up to the front door. I was so tired and exhausted but I was totally surprised at what I found! The front desk attendant was very kind and gave me a discount with my AARP membership. As soon as I walked into the hotel I was transported to another time. Although I have been reading about how the hotel is run down, that isn't the case. The hotel is a theme hotel appointed in the fashion of the Victorian Era. This was the same time period of Henry Ford. The hotel appears to be designed in the Gothic Revival Architectural style. This style requires wallpaper, chair rails and crown moulding. Think Charles Dickens! It is very romantic and when you walk into your room you are reminded of the coziness of a Bed and Breakfast. The bed was very comfortable.Although you feel like you're in another time period the hotel has all the amenities of the 21st Century. The Wi-Fi was stable and easy to connect. They even have a Keurig Coffee Maker in each room, Be still my heart! Breakfast at the hotel's restaurant, O'Henry's was fast, hot and affordable. I love this hotel more then the Marriot in Atlanta!! Thank you for such a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the inside corridor to prevent traffic noise.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Heather B, Front Office Manager at Best Western Greenfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for the excellent review! I am glad you enjoyed your stay here and enjoyed the aspects of our hotel that make us unique. I must admit that I still get excited every time someone mentions the Keurig machines in our rooms (I may be a little bit of a coffee freak). I hope that everything is ok with your family and that you are able to make come back and stay another time with us under better circumstances.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

It was a nice room, at a good price, with great service, and it was close to my destination. I couldn't have asked for much more. I ate at the restaurant and drank at the bar right in the hotel with no complaints. The hot tub and pool were nice as well.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Heather B, Front Office Manager at Best Western Greenfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for giving us all 5's! We work very hard to provide an excellent product and service and we enjoy seeing reviews from happy guests. We hope you keep us in mind for any future visits.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Four of us, stayed here for two nights, while visiting the Henry Ford Museum. This was a last minute idea and I booked the rooms less than 24 hours in advance. Despite that, the Inn was able to accommodate an early check-in, with adjoining rooms. The outside appearance of the hotel was a little disconcerting (all pink), but the rooms were great, with a refrigerator, microwave, 42" TV, and very comfortable beds. The hotel also has an indoor pool and sauna, which look to be new.
We ate two dinners and two breakfasts there as well as having drinks in the lounge. All of the staff were friendly and prices were very reasonable.
We would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room was an inside room, in the middle of the hotel, on the first floor. It had easy access to our car and was very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank FrankLeigh

Hello,

Thank you for the great review. We have been locally known as the "Pink Palace" for over 20 years now and we believe it adds to the charm and uniqueness of the hotel, so don't let the color scare you! The 42" flat screens and microwaves are new amenities that we just added along with Keurig coffee makers so we appreciate that you enjoyed them. I hope you come back and see us again in the future.